love this site

by tracyeee 23 Replies latest jw friends

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Tracyeee

Welcome to the board. Be careful though. You get all sorts of bored delusional nutters here. Some dress up as historical charachters and start to believe they are who they pretend to be.

Stick with me and you will be safe. I will keep the lions away!

Morituri te salutant

• yknot
    yknot

Emoticon - HI and Welcome!

No one is talking to you at the KH?

The Eldumb you were studying with must have"marked"Emoticon - Wrongyou!

Keep posting!

What drew into a study in the first place?

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Welcome Tracy

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Hi Tracyeee,

Welcome! I lurked a long time before I finally posted to. The first time is the hardest.

There are lots of wonderful people here. I think we are all unique in our thinking. I

have not found anyone who believes exactly like I do. I think that is true of any group.

I laugh when I think that I used to think I was in total agreement with other JWs. Looking

back I can see that I only expressed the opinions that agreed and held the others inside.

Hope we get a chance to hear your story.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes, Tracy, You "knew enough" to avoid dedicating your life to a worthless religion, while the people who were studying with you didn't know enough. Now they hope that their invisible imaginary friend will kill you so that they can be right.

I would suggest that you should not let them get away with their shunning bullshit. Be confrontationally friendly. "Oh, HI! How are you and the kids?" Huh? I couldn't hear you! Has a cat got your tongue, or did your precious organization tell you to shun me because I don't agree with them? Say, how's that whole end-of-the-world thing working out for you anyway? Do you REALLY think the world will end in your lifetime? Didn't you guys say it would end in 1914, and 1925, and 1975, and 1984, and 1994, and before the year 2001? What's today's date, cult-boy? Well, ta-ta, got to be going! See you next time!"

If you do this in public just a few times, the Dubs will run when they see you coming. They'll get their uppity snoots out of the sky.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes it is a wonderful site - some great people on it

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Welcome back to the real world.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

tracyeee,

Sorry to hear you've been treated that way. It's not unique though. There is nothing on paper about shunning unbaptized people who stop studying. However, if you've studied for that long and show no interest in committing to the religion, they will regard you as a 'worldly person' and a 'bad associate'.

Hopefully you haven't burned any bridges with your real friends. It's much better to get out early rather than have your social network completely destroyed.

• cognac
    cognac
    they said I "knew enough"

What the heck do I even say to that???

Anyways, welcome to this site!

Sorry, still in a bit of shock...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they are shunning you because you "know enough", it means you know enough about it to blow the whistle on the Washtowel Slaveholder organization. It also means you have not found the real truth, and that anyone else looking at the witless religion for the truth is looking in the wrong place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit