Christianity after Nietzsche.

by Narkissos 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

slim, going "nihilister-than-thou," are we?

Satanus, I tend to dislike the adjective "spiritual" because it makes it sound better than it is.

Watching and playing is enough. Which doesn't rule out empathy.

Reminds me of the parable of the camel, lion and child as the three ages of man in the Prologue of Zarathustra. A time for tolling, a time for revolt, and finally a time for playing.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The word 'spiritual' is hyped up too much, imo, kind of like sex. Once you do it, it's a whole 'nother story. They are what they are, for those that actually do them.

S

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Lol, I just realised you had written "mystical," not "spiritual"...

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Narkissos,

It may sound arrogant or miserable depending on your standpoint, but I have actually become quite close to believing nothing as far as theories or ideas, in the usual sense of those words, are concerned. And at the same time I believe everything -- every star, cloud, tree, bug or pebble, every smile or tear, every word uttered or written... go figure.

That is where I am in my journey of stumbles also. It is place I would be glad to stay without complaint for the fleeting time that lies ahead of us all. In many ways it is where I began my journey before being interrupted by an arrogant desire to have answers.

HS

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I agree Hillary, but there is another voice of doubt inside. It says:

Isn't the statement "I believe nothing" simply a more arrogant expression of utter belief than even the most fanatical believer could formulate? How in fact do I know that "I" believe nothing?

And Narkissos, most bashfully I must conceed that the thought did occur to me that I might be "nihilister-than-thou", but then I doubted myself as I was not sure I could really believe it.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

There is much truth in the personality test for empaths and judging personas!

I consider some judge others as inferior - whatever they themselves believe is superior.

And so we have an artificial notion imposing itself on the amazing natural world!

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Aquila...

WHY I WONT DIE INSANE: I am a piece of my puzzle. I am not my puzzle...thank God!

love Jeremiah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit