TATTOO LOVERS: Need some suggestions...

by feenx 15 Replies latest jw friends

• BFD
    BFD

RubaDub I love your idea.

I only have one tattoo that I got after my father died. I had no trouble knowing exactly what I wanted to do to honor him in ink. I travelled to St. Augustine, Florida to have it done.

If my mom goes first I know I will get a tattoo on my chest over my heart but, I have not come up with a design for it.

Ezekiel saw the wheel,

Way up in the middle of the air,

Ezekiel saw the wheel

Way in the middle of the air

Funny, I sang in the choir in JHS behind my mother's back before I was baptized. That was one of the songs we learned.

Feenex, it sounds like you want to dive into ink with both feet. Go for it.

BFD

• feenx
    feenx

Well this will be my second tattoo. My first one is a black tribal piece, on the inside of my right arm, with a biohazard symbol in the middle. ;) And I guess I don't look at it as having a reminder of my past on my arm, for me it's a reminder of what I stand for.

I guess for me the phoenix bird does not just symbolize coming from the borg, but really everything I grew out of, all the pieces of my former self I have left behind. And the reason I want it over my heart is because I want that constant reminder, that constant kick in the arss to KEEP growing and to KEEP progressing and never settle into being a stagnant person.

And really, as a survivor of sexual abuse, it gets better but it never goes away. So something that reminds me to take care of that little kid inside me. I think I may get the phoenix bird first, and then once I figure out the lower portion I can add it on later.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

My wife likes the Bacardi bat that they use as their trademark.

However, I told her she had better work out a deal with Bacardi for the advertising space on her butt.

Rub a Dub

• Tara
    Tara

I think the Phoenix bird is an awesome idea for a tattoo, especially the symbolism for you. When I get to my goal weight, I'm getting one....just have to decide which one(s). LOL. I have heard tattoos are addictive.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I have a chinese symbol meaning "happiness" inside a circle of sunrays on my left shoulder. Symbolising the fact that im happy about the dawn of a new day in my life. That was back in 2000 and when i look at it, it still means something to me.

I like the idea of a phoenix bird, i have thought about that one myself years ago.

On my right shoulder i have a wolves (English Football Team) symbol inside a circle of barbed wire with MMIII (2003) underneath, but thats another story!

Paul

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

I would go for the dragon from the Revelation book

Show some ironic distance

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit