Chet Lemon

by asilentone 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

He was a professional baseball player with Detroit Tigers and he became JW in the 80's. I was wondering what is his status in the org?

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Originally with the White Sox's and then became a Tiger.....sorry Sox's fan here!

As for his status in the org. I would have no clue!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Lou Whitaker was also a JW- converted by Lemon. Alan Trammel studied but never came in.

• Confession
    Confession

Here's an article that's about five years old. It definitely suggests he strongly believes it's "The Truth."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20030712/ai_n14553057

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Yeah confession your righthe still is a Dub. Him and lou were my favorite players because of their dub status (thankgod they were actually good)

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Some dude came on here a few months ago w/ a story quite similar to Lou Whitaker's. It caused quite a stir w/ some of the posters. Here is the thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/148852/1.ashx

• MOG
    MOG

[Originally with the White Sox's and then became a Tiger.....sorry Sox's fan here! Im a ChiSox fan as well (grew up in Pilsen)..I saw Chet many of times..also Minnie Minoso son is/was JW..met him several times

• lancelink
    lancelink

I met him at the Janesville Wisconsin assembly hall back in the late 70's when he just was starting to study.

Knowing who he was made it kind of un-nerving to actually meet him ( being a teenager myself at the time.)

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

If you notice in the article it refers to his wife " GIGI ". His wife's name when they were associated with the cong in Troy Mich. was " Valerie ". She claimed to be of the annointed. So, something must have happened to Valerie for them to be divorced. ????

NMG

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

He was in Florida for a while... my son (who is now 27) attended his baseball camp. I think my son was about 10 or 11 at the time.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit