What Did The Jews Expect As a Reward For Faith in God?

by Undecided 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

If it was to just have a place to live somewhere on earth untill they died, didn't many of the pagans already have this? Maybe that is why so many times they just went with the religion of their neighbours. Did they have some faith of going to heaven? I don't remember reading about this in the OT. What do the modern Jews expect out of God?

Ken P.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Real estate....I guess you could say he enjoyed hostle take overs!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    just have a place to live somewhere on earth untill they died

That seems to be it. For all the crap he's put them through, you'd think he would have given them somewhere nicer, the south of France maybe, or a nice Carribean island...

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ancient Jews: a releasing from Death by means of a resurrection to everlasting life... on earth... and a "portion" (of land)... and inheritance... to go with.

Modern Jews: the same thing, I believe. It is their anticipation of "the" resurrection, however, that precludes them from putting faith in Christ: their belief is that Messiah's coming is evidenced by a resurrection, and since none has occurred, he has not arrived. Since they didn't accept him when he came in the flesh, they didn't allow themselves to hear him set the matter straight ("bear witness to the truth"), that there WILL be a resurrection when he arrives... as the glorified Son of God. He was not in his glory when he came in the flesh; thus, he was able to die/be put to death.

I hope this helps, and may you have peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Jews expected to run the banking system and the entertainiment and information dissemination machine.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

They were the chosen people and thus they wanted gods favor and by having that they would be the most powerful, the ones with the most property, wealth...pretty much have boasting rights for everything.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

ah - the real reason came to me - they would be kings and priests but when they fell outta favor that all became spiritual and only baptised annointed get that reward.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The Jews expected to run the banking system and the entertainiment and information dissemination machine.

Nice, Mr. Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Judaism generally espoused a belief in the afterlife. In the world to come, there is nothing corporeal, and no material substance; there are only souls of the righteous without bodies -- like the ministering angels... The righteous attain to a knowledge and realization of truth concerning God to which they had not attained while they were in the murky and lowly body. (Mishneh Torah, Repentance 8) http://www.ou.org/torah/rambam.htm Many of the Rabbis have taught that the soul is preexistent and returns multiple times-reincarnation. Burn
  • z
    z

the ones with the most property, wealth...pretty much have boasting rights for everything.

add this one Protocols of the Elders of Zion

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    add this one Protocols of the Elders of Zion

Jewish success creates envy. They've been kicked around centuries and come out on top.

Gotta love the underdog.

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit