Creative writing query..

by DATA-DOG 17 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am working on a writing project. Perhaps you could help me? Just give me your opinion on this subject.

If you worked for your respective government and you were tasked with doomsday preparations, what would you decide to save for future generations? Say there are special survival bunkers for actual extinction events. What should be stored there? Food and seeds, water purification and water, of course, but what else?

Would you have a giant library? If so, what gets saved? What would a remnant of humans need for the best chance at survival??

DD

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

All the technical and skill related manuals/books on any subject that can be found. They should be stored in CDs. All the classics. Library of Congress, etc.

Every variety of tool available.

Ten females for every male.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Things that would sustain life of course, but also things that would convey the most knowledge and information/technology from mankind without having to rely in electricity or a specific piece of technology to access it.
  • millie210
    millie210
    Information on how to make antibiotics and insulin and other meds that are so important.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If I'm in charge?

Me & my family. Of course, there won't be room for us with all the families of the politicians packed in there (along with their pets).

Doc

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Svalbard Global Seed Vault

Digital samples of great works of:

• Literature
    • Art
    • Music
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

One of my favorite quotes from the great physicist and teacher Richard Feynman:

"If, in some cataclysm, all of scientific knowledge were to be destroyed, and only one sentence passed on to the next generation of creatures, what statement would contain the most information in the fewest words? I believe it is the atomic hypothesis (or the atomic fact, or whatever you wish to call it) that all things are made of atoms — little particles that move around in perpetual motion, attracting each other when they are a little distance apart, but repelling upon being squeezed into one another. In that one sentence, you will see, there is an enormous amount of information about the world, if just a little imagination and thinking are applied."

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Not the bible. Unless you want to include it with othe works of fiction
  • gone for good
    gone for good

A Bible and Quran of course.

We wouldn't want the harried survivors to delay the opportunity to institutionalize hatred and war as soon as possible.

After all, wasn't their last worlds economy founded on warfare? - got to have an economy - and what better foundation than greed, power and oppression !

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    In addition to modern technology, I would preserve ancient temples to the pagan Gods. There is much to learn from the likes of Astaroth's temple--I would try to copy it (faithfully, since the slightest corruption for any reason would ruin the benefits) so people can learn about those things once the disaster ends. As I see it, this knowledge goes hand in hand with science, and both are necessary for maximum benefit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit