Being told that "Not all people will die at Armageddon"

by Robert7 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

So really how is the JW survival of Armageddon really any different than the Rapture, which is considered by the JWs as crazy?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

7 Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the “great crowd,” as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. -- The WATCHTOWER, September 1, 1989, page 19, "Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium"

• oompa
    oompa

Nathan that is old dull light! Now "only the incorrigibly wicked" will be destroyed according to a public WT recently....maybe just like God is now letting more annointed into heaven, he is letting more not so wicked people survive the big dance...........oompa

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God's new system. There is only one. There was just one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization — God's visible organization — that will survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation." It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal… You must be part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life".
    -- You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth (©1982 & 1990) page 255

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Only by keeping integrity to God and by associating with God’s people, the New World society, may we hope to survive the destruction of this wicked world in the coming battle of Armageddon and enter into the new world of righteousness even as Noah and his family entered a new world after the flood." — The WATCHTOWER March 1, 1954, page 139, "THE MEANING OF BAPTISM TODAY"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"For the sake of gaining more knowledge associate henceforth with the New World society of Jehovah’s witnesses. It is the only organization on earth today that is really practicing godly harmony and oneness under the one Shepherd Jesus Christ. It is the only visible organization that today offers the hope and the assurance to mankind of living through the unavoidable world catastrophe at Armageddon and surviving into God’s new world. -- The WATCHTOWER April 1, 1956, page 208 paragraph 44 "MAKING ALL MANKIND ONE UNDER THEIR CREATOR"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Don't be fooled by sly assurances that this is "Old Light." Insist on seeing the "New Light" IN PRINT, preferably with a disavowal of the previous "old light" view.

Of course, that's too much to ask from a cult.

• V
    V

My favorite fact for fellow dubs.

Most will outrightly contradict the written word of the Watchtower on this one. Amazing to see in action.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Its my strong preference to die at A-time. I couldn't tolerate being without wordlings to hang with.

Besides, if i ever saw a lamb and a lion eating vegetables side by side in real life , the stupidity of god would surely make me want to die at that point. I've never been clear, man sinned, so animals started eating eachother? WTF did the current prey species ever do to deserve that? Great White Sharks will use their hundreds of razor sharp teeth to filter plakton peacefully from the ocean I guess. Poor f'ers will be awefully hungry.. grrr. The downside of this is I keep thinking about new things to be agitated about.... ah well.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Say, sorry to pollute your topic with an administrative question:,

I made 2 topics, it tells me that I'm at my limit for a day or so, but I can't find my topics anywhere on the forum (was supposed to be in "friends"). Any ideas?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit