Will 2008 Really Bring The End?

by WTWizard 16 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No, this is not from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger this time (theirs is ongoing). It is from that ad that frequently pops up on this forum. They are talking about how this year is going to be the downfall of America.

Only time will tell for sure, but it is already mid April and there is no sign of the total collapse of this country within this year. True, we are in for some hard times because of the stupid decisions our leaders have made. Biofuels from corn is the prime example of blatant stupidity our leaders have shown. And there is the most corrupt political campaign yet in progress, where there is more mud slinging than reform going on (they already knocked out the one candidate with a reasonable chance of reinstating our constitution).

However, these do not suggest a total and swift collapse of the whole country. The economy will probably head into another depression. Our freedoms will continue to be eroded, and ultimately they will be totally removed (unless the country goes belly up, which will happen some time later). However, there is nothing that tells me that we are in for the End any time in 2008 the way this predicts. Notice also that it is taken from the Book of Revelation, and as [a poster whose name I will not mention] keeps alluding to 2011-12 as the end, I think 2008 will be similar.

Yes, we are in for hard times. We might even be in for the kind of hyperinflation in this country that has plagued other countries in the 1920s. But, the end of the world? I don't think so. And I don't think it will be within 2008. Maybe before 2012 comes, we will face the balloon payment of all our debts and go belly up. But at least the euro will still be around.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I hope it does. I need a good excuse to die.

• middleman
    middleman

Let me put it this way. The American dollar has to fail in order for them to institute the Amero along with the North American Union. Blessings.........

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

With those dodos, I am betting on the Amero being worth 0.00000000000001 of a penny. Of course, they will charge much much more--so the Feds can get just about 100% of the value.

• middleman
    middleman

The American dollar is worth as much as people and the government put faith in what it's worth. What's it backed by........nothing, nope no collateral.

• mouthy
    mouthy

For me it will.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I hope not, I want to live forever.

• tonigols_witness
    tonigols_witness

No... maybe in a few more years

• VM44
    VM44

Spending a TRILLION dollars ($1,000,000,000,000.00) on the Iraq War really didn't help the economy either!

But remember, The World is Better Off Without Saddam!

Someone should make that into a bumper sticker to keep reminding us when things get worse.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Well news this side of America is that you guys are in a bit of a recession but are looking to stabalise economically in 2009 and hopefully this will infiltrate down to all the the other nations of the world..... or something very similar to that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit