Bethel Boys: What's the Deal with Nethinim?

by MissingLink 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

So it's strictly non-annointed people helping the GB on certain tasks then? If you are annointed and helping the GB - what is that called?

-- Or am I missing the point? --

Are you saying the the nethinim are actually GB members who are not annointed?

I served at Bethel and have met some of the "Nethinim" (i.e. Robert Wallen) so I'll give my answer.... As Gary Buss said as the anointed aged and the GB was a bunch of 90 year olds, the light back then flashed (in 1992) and Other Sheep brothers were assigned as "helpers" of the GB. I suppose that some "anointed" could also be helpers, maybe as a pre-GB phase. But that wouldn't fit into the prophetic parallel, so they probably would be officially called Nethinim as that would make the new light fuzzy. But no, if they are actually appointed GB members they must be anointed. Which is why so many these days are now waking up anointed. I wonder how this works... Do they get a letter one morning? Perhaps it looks like... Hi Brother Other Sheep, The GB is getting very old and we need new anointed ones to take over. The Nethinim idea just didn't take hold as many JWs don't get it. So now with the new light about the generation, we need additional anointed ones who may be willing to serve on the goverbing body. If you would like to serve in this capacity, please partake of the emblems at the next memorial celebration. We think you would be a good fit on the GB since you're pretty mindless and don't question any of the Watchtower's teachings. Wouldn't matter much anyway, since a 2/3 majority on the GB is needed for new light. Perks include a company car, free trips to the zone visit of your choice, and lavish Bethel rooms, since GB members don't get kicked out during room bids. Please inform us of your decision, since if you don't want to be a GB member, you are probably too old to stay at Bethel, and we will re-assign you to the field since we won't want to pay for your health problems anymore. Please be assured of our warm Christian love. Your Brothers, Personnel Commitee (for the Governing Body)

• winnower
    winnower

In Joshua 9, the children of Israel took in and provided for some strangers without taking counsel with the Lord first. These strangers turned out to be a pack of liars that lived right down the road, and neighbors to them. These people, the Gibeonites, of the Hivites were one of the six nations that God told Joshua to destroy, but in the process of feeling sorry for these strangers, Joshua and the Elders of Israel bought their lies, and made a league with them for their protection. When Joshua and the elders saw what they had done, they forced these people to be the workman in the house of the Lord, cutting wood, and carrying the water, which is teaching the people of the things of God. This was a mistake for we saw where in time they virtually took over the duties of the Levitical scribes and priests. In other words they took control of the house of God. Remember that agreement that was made between Joshua and the Gibeonites was made without the counsel of God. After Joshua found out that he had been lied to and tricked, he sent the Gibeonites to the church house to help the priests cut the wood, and haul the water. Because the priests became lazy, they allowed the Nethinim Gibeonites to take over the priestly duties completely.

Remember also that there were also stains of Nephilim mixed amongst the Gibeonites and the Perizzites. However many of the Gibeonites were related by marriage to the Edomites, which were the offspring of Esau, the twin brother of Jacob. Of course Esau plays a great part in the prophecy of the end time battle of Hamon-gog. This is brought up because it will play a role in the study of this chapter.

Remember that mixed in with these Gibeon in the past were the giants, the Nephilim or offspring of the fallen angels, and they were considered mighty warriors. This king Adoni-zedec heard how Gibeon gave up without a fight, however in truth, they lied and deceived Israel into a peace agreement.

Sounds rather like an abomination in a holy place....does it not?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Thanks so much AAGilead. What sort of jobs do these guys do? Were they running errands and washing the socks of tht GB guys, or were they writing articles, or what? Is there status generally known?

Winnower - That's some meaty stuff for a first post. Are you a GB member who's not happy with the Nethinim taking some of your glory?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Were not some of the new GB member 'Given Ones' before?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Sounds rather like an abomination in a holy place....does it not? winnower

You just described Bethel to a "T"

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    What sort of jobs do these guys do? Were they running errands and washing the socks of tht GB guys, or were they writing articles, or what? Is there status generally known?

My observation is that they were doing all the work of the GB members who were all in their 90's during the 90's before the new GB members came around.

And yes German, some of the GB may have been groomed as nethinim first.

And Winnower, I have no idea who you are or where you are coming from, but you use circular reasoning worse than the WTS. You switch the words nethinim and nephilim... What's your point? Your post is meaningless....

• Quandry
    Quandry

Garybus

Your "bandaid" theory hits the nail on the head!!!

The Nethinim remarks were used as the middle 90's Band-Aid fix for the expired anointed appointments due to the 1935 closed door policy that was cancelled last year. Now the Watch Tower owners can all claim to be first choice anointed and the "appointed channel" claim is safe from the passage of time.

We won't hear very much more of the Nethinim group because the idea isn't needed now. Now the "generation" is set, the anointed channel is set, the new corporations are in place, the new buildings are planned, the "millions who would never die" are pretty much dead, and the future looks bright ahead.

This is all beginning to sound as complicated and difficult to understand as the TV show LOST.

Maybe they need to do like Lost and put explanations of previous "episodes" in the WT so that everyone can follow all the changes!!!

• horrible life
    horrible life
    We won't hear very much more of the Nethinim group because the idea isn't needed now. Now the "generation" is set, the anointed channel is set, the new corporations are in place, the new buildings are planned, the "millions who would never die" are pretty much dead, and the future looks bright ahead.

Out with the old, in with the new! Remember when they told us there would be a new "system"? I think we're seeing it:-)

Gary, this cracked me up!!!

If this "New Generation" change, goes without a hitch, as most "New Light" does, I can just picture the old GB members, HIGH FIVEING each other in their wheel chairs.

• winnower
    winnower

Nethinim "one given to temple service" . These temple servants originated from Canaan.

Ezra 2: 55 The descendants of Solomon's servants (O) [included]:
    Sotai's descendants, Hassophereth's descendants,
    Peruda's descendants, 56 Jaalah's descendants,
    Darkon's descendants, Giddel's descendants,

57 Shephatiah's descendants, Hattil's descendants,
    Pochereth&nbhyph;hazzebaim's descendants, and Ami's descendants.

58 All the temple servants
    and the descendants of Solomon's servants

59 The following are those who came from Tel-melah, Tel-harsha, Cherub, Addan, and Immer but were unable to prove that their families and ancestry were Israelite:

The slaves of Solomon came out of Babylon and the offspring of Solomon's slaves have been referred to as the nethinim. It is believed that these are of the genetic line of Nephilim. These slaves gained access to the temples and later to the sacred writings. Much of the bible scriptures have been changed because of this. It was rather like having the fox in the hen house. And this fox has been applying his craft -(iness) for centuries.

This god of the bible who demands blood sacrifice is none other than the current ruler of this world. This is NOT our creator. This is not the Father who sent his son.

Jesus said his sheep would know his voice. This is all we can depend on now. The sacred scrolls have been tampered from long ago.

If the name Zerubbabel is Hebrew, it may be a contraction of Z?rua‘ Bavel ( Hebrew: ??????? ?????? ?), meaning "the one sown of Babylon", and referring to a child conceived and born in Babylon; or perhaps even, Z?rûy Bavel ( Hebrew: ?????? ?????? ?), meaning, "the winnowed of Babylon", in the sense of being exiled in Babylon. If the name is not Hebrew but Assyrian-Babylonian, it may contract, Z?ru Babel, meaning, "Seed of Babylon", the one conceived in Babylon. (Contrast the related Hebrew form for "Seed": Hebrew: ????? ?, Zera‘.)

Zerubbabel Lodge #15 F.&A.M.
    341 Bull Street, Savannah, Georgia

http://www.zerubbabel15.com/

So, what is the importance of this connection of these nethinim to Babylon and to the present day?

Why are the "last days" compared to the days of Noah and not some other time in history?

Could it be because the nephilim will be revealed again?

The illumaniti bloodlines are the Nephilim descendants. They have kept their bloodlines pure.

The Nephilim are the powerhouse behind the many various "Brotherhood" organizations.

These organizations include all groups belonging to Freemasonry and all religions.

So what is this connection to Babylon?

• journey-on
    journey-on

Winnower......Have you researched what a Scribe was and where they first originated? You might find this interesting. In the beginning

a scribe served as a secretary and performed duties like writing and issuing royal decrees, keeping records, etc. Later, a secondary

level of Scribe, mostly Levites, served as writers.

There are some that believe the scribes came from a tribe of people that were from the line of Cain and were proficient in the skill of

writing and were thus used for this purpose. How well scribes were vetted and/or supervised, we don't know, do we? Could they have

infiltrated into and inserted some unholy writings? I have to think this is possible.

EDITED TO ADD: If my post sounds off topic, I was mentally connecting it to those who may have or are serving in a Nethinim

capacity at headquarters......there has been some strange "new light" that doesn't seem consistent with the foundational beliefs

of late, imo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit