My new toy ...

by sacolton 19 Replies latest jw friends

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Lucky!

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Awesome! Does it have Asteroids? Are you a freelancing illustator, working from home, sacolton? If so, I bet you won't get much work done for a while.

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

That's awesome! I'm excited to see a fellow retro gamer on here. Did you build that one yourself?

L

• dinah
    dinah

Makes my playstation look lame as heck. I wanna play Centipede!

• sacolton
    sacolton
    wings: way cool..... pac man is the only video game I can win.

Yeah, way fun too. I'm terrible at Pac-Man, so you can have the high score for that one.

Casper: That's awesome.... "Enjoy"...

Absolutely! Thanks!

Homerovah: Great looks like fun, maybe you could encourage your wife to play every time a meeting occurs, I'm sure she'll get more out of that than boring pointless redundancy

I agree! She likes to play a few rounds before she goes to the meetings.

SacrificialLoon: That's cool. Does it have Demon Attack? Speaking of quarters, your wife doesn't have any quarters placed on the game, she must be about done.

Nah. That's a Atari 2600 game. Right? The machine doesn't need quarters ... it's on "free play", so get in line. :)

BabyGirl75: That seems to be every man's dream to have an arcade machine!

Men need a hobby. At least this one keeps the man at home. We're all little boys inside.

free2beme: I just had an 80's flashback and started looking for quarters.

I know what you mean. I loved the 80's!!! What a great time that was.

WTWizard: I wish they would have about 200 of those machines placed in every Kingdumb Hell, with a device that will zap any hounder that tries to turn them off while the boasting session is in progress or when they are getting ready to go out in field circus. It would slow the egress time for field circus if I had to play a few games of Centipede or Scramble after the prayer, and half the others are playing Pac Man. I wonder if you get to count your time while you are playing Defender. Speaking of '80s music, I wonder if We Are the World is among them.

That would be awesome! I'd definately show up for meetings more! Yes, it has both Cenetipede, Scramble (Super Cobra too!) and Defender. Wow! I need to add "We Are The World" to the playlist ... also "Do They Know It's Christmas?"

MissingLink: Lucky!

Lucky, but at a price. $$$

Eyes Open: Awesome! Does it have Asteroids? Are you a freelancing illustator, working from home, sacolton? If so, I bet you won't get much work done for a while.

Yes it does! Even with the "blacklight" background screen. No, I'm not a freelancer. I actually have to drag myself into work. I wish I could work at home, but you're right ... I'd never get anything done.

lookingnow25: That's awesome! I'm excited to see a fellow retro gamer on here. Did you build that one yourself?

Yep. I put the whole thing together myself. I took an old Berzerk arcade cabinet and gutted it. Bought a new 19" arcade monitor. Purchased a 1.8ghz computer and wired everything together.

dinah: Makes my playstation look lame as heck. I wanna play Centipede!

It plays Centipede (Millipede too!) - but I need to add a trackball to the control board soon.

Thanks for the comments!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Oh Dude -- that's beautiful! Congrats on reaching nerd-vana! I hope to join you one day!

Dave

• dinah
    dinah

Men and their toys!! It's funny back when hubby bought our first Playstation (it was a PS1) I bitched because he spent so much money on a stupid game console and games. A year goes by.......I played it constantly. Then when PS2 came out, I ran out and bought one. Most women buy shoes.......I buy games.

When Resident Evil 5 is ever released( they've been teasing us for 2 years!!), I'll get a PS3.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Now, for my next big project ...

alt

I bought this antique (1925) ticket booth from ebay. It is completely constructed from hardwood and nails. No screws! So, it was shipped in one piece ($1,000 S&H). This shot is from behind the ticket booth and is the first thing guests will see when they enter our theater. I haven't hung any movie posters yet (ex: Rocky Horror). The glass alone weighs over 200 lbs.

alt

alt

My wife found this Spiderman display at a garage sale for $50. He'll make sure everyone turns off their phones before the movie.

The Loft Theater: Under Construction!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

That is wicked cool styling for a true arcade experience.

I have to make do with these ghetto emulators: Atari 8-bit, Amiga and Spectrum.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Thought you meant something else-sorry.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit