So here we are.......

by Bring_the_Light 16 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

BRING the LIGHT- Welcome to the board friend ! We love you to ! Peace out, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Welcome to the board, Bring the Light!

Look forward to reading your story.

babygirl.....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is true that the witlessness has gotten worse. I can remember the late 1980s, when I joined the cancer. The littera-trash at least had a little intelligence, though much was designed to confuse people with petty differences. There was a moderate amount of recreation within the congregation. The meetings actually had a little spice thrown in from time to time to liven them up (though not enough to make it worth going).

Somewhere in the 1990s, I noticed the change. Fewer events where people were allowed to actually have fun, and the ones that remained were sterilized to death. The hounders became so picky about the music that it became totally lifeless. They started enforcing the "white shirt" rule, and wire-rimmed glasses were taboo for a time. And I noticed that the lessons became more dumbed down. Field circus was also more bicameral, where one would be given the exact words to say at every door. They started having those crapt campaigns where you would have 3 weeks to place a crapt at every door.

Now, it is getting still worse. Independent research is now just about banned. There is zero tolerance for questioning the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Anyone that even questions whether something is right or not is labelled "apostate". Much of the "deeper things" is wrong--most is designed to prevent people from getting into things that actually matter. Boasting sessions are strictly adhering to the program, with no personal interpretations left. Comments are more on The Track now than they were in the 1980s and 1990s. No wonder people are more witless than ever before.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I thought it was stupid and odd before, now the walls shake with insanity and many of my old friends have been lobotomized. It is the saddest thing I can even imagine. I am so glad I dodged the bullet on this crap.

That's too bad, but it's just a logical conclusion to what the org is designed to do. No thinking is allowed. No wonder they've jettisoned their minds.

You're amongst free persons here. Welcome!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, Bring_the_Light!

~Sue

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Saw the Pumpkins live when "Mellon Collie" was out! Great band!

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hi Bring_the_Light. Welcome, and good to know you dodged the bullet. (Thinks of "You've gotta a bullet in your F****** HEAD!!!".)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit