No special campaign to invite the public to the DC this year...

by sir82 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I don't want to acutally say that it "makes sence" for them to do anything that they do but...After 3 or 4 years of doing the same campaign, the same time of year, with no results - it gets more tiresome and dreaded each time it comes around again. Their strategy seemed to be trying to make FS seem new and exciting not bland and predictable. They gotta give them something new and fresh from time to time orl, at least change the packaging.

• chickpea
    chickpea
    blondie: I always said if jws had to live off the equivalent monetary results of their "preaching" they would be homeless and starving

and then have the temerity to have satan's appendage, the governments, provide for their needs!!! for a certainty the borg has made sure it will not come from the mothership!

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Good, then people won't be pressuring me to waste my time running from door to door handing the drivelling propaganda out.

• garybuss
    garybuss

How can they do a walk in badge check when they have invited public masses? No way! That had to be a security nightmare. How did they guard the vending machines?

Did they tell the public to come for all day . . . bring a sack lunch? How goofy is that? Gimme a break!

So now they make an announcement: "New Light! Just in from God . . . We're not going to invite the public!". How's that working for the most important message on the planet?

If I was a Witness this whole game plan wouldn't play for me. Seems to me, being a modern Witness would be like living on an obstacle course where the obstacles are re-arranged every day.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No special campaign to invite the public to the DC this year... There is a God then

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    people are not likely to drive 50-300 miles to a fringe group's religious convention

Not only the general public, Hopefully people are counting the cost now, food, hotel, gas, taking off work, it may come down to robbing the kids

of any normal holiday with the family, and so what do we do vacation or assembly this year. ( oh, forgot that's how it is already)

hope4others

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Wouldn't it be funny to comment in mock disappointment to our JW families that we didn't receive an invite this year?

Too antagonistic.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

garybuss:

being a modern Witness would be like living on an obstacle course where the obstacles are re-arranged every day.

I was thinking more along the lines of someone rearranging the furniture every day in Hellen Keller's house.... that's just plain mean, I know...just as its mean to keep changing things up on the R&F dub... dubs are already blind....now they cant even get used to the maze in the dark...

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit