INPUT NEEDED ON JW BELIEFS

by Mary 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mary
    Mary

I'm at the beginning of putting a package together regarding the WTS and I'd like your opinion on which topics I should include. Basically, this would be a package for those who have family or friends in the Borg, but who you think might listen to reason if it was presented in the right fashion. It's not going to be a huge package, because I don't want to overwhelm anyone, but I want the information to be precise enough that it would stop and make them think.

So far, I'm thinking that I'd like to touch on the following:

1. Use Alleymom's calculation using only the bible to prove that Jerusalem was not destroyed in 607 BCE. Since 1914 is the center of the universe for the WTS, debunking this main doctrine is crucial, IMO.
    2. Show that the WTS recently settled the sexual abuse lawsuit out of court;
    3. Show that the WTS makes and accepts monies from investments in a cigarette company (Phillip Morris)
    4. Show that the WTS's ridiculous ban on blood transfusions has no basis in the scriptures.

What other topics would you suggest I include? When I'm done I would be willing to send anyone on here copies (free of charge) they could then forward to whoever they want. I've already got a few on a 'waiting list', so if you're interested, just send me a PM.

• delilah
    delilah

Put me on your list Mary. After talking to my mom last week....

.......It's Showtime!!!!

She yelled at me to show her proof....not sure if she'd believe it if it up and knocked her off her feet, but it's sure worth a try.

Someone made the comment a few weeks past, about religion does not suit some people. Well, it sure does not suit my parents, for they are the two most miserable people I know.

I would love for them to finally have the scales fall from their eyes, and be happy with the years they have left. My dad is about to retire this year, and they are miserable, waiting for armageddon to arrive!!

It will have to be something short, quick, and to the point...kinda like a boxing match. Go in, and hit 'em with the cold hard truths, about the "truth", and knock 'em out.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good points Mary... I would like them to ponder Why are they still celebrating the LORDS Evening Meal.? Jesus said " Do this until I come" He came in 1914 . so why are they celebrating it still?

The woman I am helping with her hubby will need one of them LOL

• delilah
    delilah

but don't you realize it'll be here 'sooooooooooooon' ???
    lol, yeah, like we weren't supposed to go to high school....

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Mary, good job gal. You might want to include the UN NGO thing too.

Let me know when you have the pkg ready for delivery, count me in. I have 2 sons , one active, a sister, a brother an EX, and everyone in between.

NMG

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, good job gal. You might want to include the UN NGO thing too.

I've thought about that, but my own feeling on the UN scandal is that it's not anywhere near as earthshattering as the other infringements that the Society is guilty of. Yes it shows them to be a bunch of hypocritical suck ups but after talking to my Dub sister, the general feeling seems to be "who cares if they had a library card?" It takes too much and too many pages to show what transpired, and I want to try and keep this as a "basic" package.

Let me know when you have the pkg ready for delivery, count me in. I have 2 sons , one active, a sister, a brother an EX, and everyone in between.

Will do.

• hubert
    hubert

Don't forget their stocks in RandCam Corp. (Military contractor). Add that with the Phillip Morris section.

Hubert

• Mary
    Mary
    Mouthy said: I would like them to ponder Why are they still celebrating the LORDS Evening Meal.? Jesus said " Do this until I come" He came in 1914 . so why are they celebrating it still?

Actually, that's a really good point Grace----Simple, but it might get them wondering "ya, that doesn't make any sense!"

• Mary
    Mary
    Delilah said: After talking to my mom last week...........It's Showtime!!!! She yelled at me to show her proof....not sure if she'd believe it if it up and knocked her off her feet, but it's sure worth a try.

Oh lordie-----knowing your mom, you're right---her head's gonna spin around when she reads this stuff.

• Mary
    Mary
    Don't forget their stocks in RandCam Corp. (Military contractor). Add that with the Phillip Morris section.

Wow! I didn't know about that one! Any idea where I can find info on this? Because yes, that's definitely worth including.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit