Today is our 8th Wedding Anniversary!

by Princess Daisy Boo 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

So 8 years ago this time, I was running around in a mad rush - hairdressers and make up and flowers and so on.

The wedding was gorgeous.

Somehow, by some miracle, we managed not to totally piss off either of our families (Nic - of a catholic/anglican background and me of a JW background).

My parents would have been happy if we had done it in a court (let's face it, they weren't too charmed that I was getting married) and Nic's mom wanted a traditional church wedding, but I guess all things considered, it went off pretty well. We had a totally neutral ceremony at a beautiful club in the centre of the city and Nic's uncle, a magistrate, did the legal bit.

The reception was fantastic, we partied hard and were the last to leave! We got to our hotel in the wee hours of the morning and we were starving - we realised that we had hardly eaten a thing at the wedding what with all the nerves, greetings an dancing.

And now, 8 years later, we are still happy. We have had two babies, bought and sold houses, had some fights and tears but more importamtly lots of laughs and smiles and cuddles.

The funny part... my dub sister sent me a text message at 5:57 am wishing us a happy anniversary but did not call me once last year for my birthday - go figure!

• BFD
    BFD

BFD

• free2think
    free2think

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PDB and Hubby

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Happy anniversary Boo. Have a wonderful day!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Happy anniversary to you, Happy anniversary to yoooooooooooou. Happy anniversary dear princess daisy boooooooooo. Haaaaaaaaaappy annnniversaaaaaarryyyy tooooooooo yooooooooooouuuuuu.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am late but it is so good to hear your still making a good marriage work, Congratulations to you both & may you have very many more happy years together

• Casper
    Casper

Hope You Both have a "Wonderful" day,

Cas

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PRINCESS !!!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1