Has anyone disassociated themselves in public at the KH?

by Awakened at Gilead 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith
    http://www.angelfire.com/trek/littletoe/Profile.html

Here is the website that has the talk Ross gave.

• cognac
    cognac
    http://www.angelfire.com/trek/littletoe/Profile.html
    Here is the website that has the talk Ross gave.

I can't get it to work...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have a JW relative who was at Ross's final talk. They phoned me up straight after to tell me about it. Quite a shock was had by all. I could say more but should keep my trap shut.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

That's the ultimate act of defiance against the Borg.

The Borg carefully conducts the orchestra of what is said at the talks, and the average JDUB is unaware of how far reaching into their personal lives the Borg becomes.

The last thing the Borg wants the other followers to know is they are capable of independent T-H-I-N-K. This is the reason behind the Internet ban, college ban, and shunning apostates.

So, if one person gets on the pulpit and acts independently, for a moment ... the whole group is uncomfortable. The whole group has to face their own doubts. The whole group has to think. Some will remain, and some will leave.

See full-size image.
    theboldsoul.lisataylorhuff.com/the_bold_soul/...
    250 x 320 - 31k

I'd like to know more of what happened afterwards.

Skeeter

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    There was a story posted on here a while back about a man who disassociated himself from the stage after giving a talk in the school. I wish I could remember who it was...

LittleToe

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/20680/1.ashx

LittleToe!!!!!!

A JWD legend

Burn

• besty
    besty

My Mum knows Ross' Mum. Does that make me famous?

Anyways I also met the legendary Ross in person - a thoroughly decent chap who has chosen to live in The Outer Hebrides. Gotta love that. Go Ross.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I never heard of it being done. However, the next time I go to the Kingdumb Hell, I intend to do just that. And right into the microphone--making one of those Comments You Will Not Hear, even referring to the FDS as the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

That will teach them to try and recapture an apostate.

WTW, Let me know how it goes.... A@G

• Honesty
    Honesty

I know an elder who made his DA announcement in his last comment at the Watchtower Study.

It circumvented the gossip that would have been going around if he had let the cult announce that he was no longer one of them.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Maybe I am just bitter and I will never play by there rules. I will never respond to there request for JC meeting nor will I disassociate my self. To me that is another buzz word of the JWS. In my opinion any one on this forum should never go by there rules and comply with them by disassociating themselves.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    I can't get it to work...

Cognac - If I remember correctly, you'll need to save the file to your hard drive on your computer and then you can get it to play. Well worth it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit