HOW LONG DO JWS BELIEVE ABORIGINES HAVE BEEN IN AUSTRALIA?

by badboy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

IT IS REPUTED THAT ABORIGINES HAVE BEEN IN OZ FOR ABOUT 60,000 YEARS.

WHAT DO JWS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS?

• yknot
    yknot

I am not at my regular computer (means no CD) but I would suspect at the least from the times of Peleg (Gen 10:25) when the earth was divided. Peleg supposedly lived during the Tower of Babel.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Yep, the tower of Babel, just a few thousand years at best. No one understands history as well as they do.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Obviously one of Noahs sons went over the edge of the flat Earth whilst watching the sun go round the underside where he discovered an extra dark woman on a raft with a koala in a Kangas pouch eating kiwis hiding from a redback spider. The rest is history!

• brinjen
    brinjen

It was a Funnel Web spider, actually. You also forgot to mention the Green Tree frogs that were towing the raft.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is the classic proof against the flood and it certainly helped wake me up. There are several areas of science that all suggest that Aboriginals have been in Australia for over 50,000 years, including genetic and carbon dating. Bible chronology puts the flood at 4,000 years ago. If it was global, then Aboriginals have been in Australia less than 4,000 years. How long ago did they arrive from Mount Ararat to Australia. What about Koala's and Kangaroos; did they paddle across in canoes?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It is not without good reason that some believe that Shem, the son of Noah, constructed a railroad line from the promised land to Australia. Today there is great uncertainty about the schedule of that railroad, but it is certain that Abos arrived in Australia prior to 1914.

• avishai
    avishai

Hey, nathan, it's not well known here in the states, and I know it's probably just abbreviating on your part, but in OZ, abo is racist slang...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The Abos can also claim to have the oldest continuosly held religious belief.

The Rainbow Serpent predates Adam

Cheers

Chris

• brinjen
    brinjen
    in OZ, abo is racist slang...

True, it is. Although I really do think it was just Nathan abbreviating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit