Reassignment of Bethelites having negative impact on NYC congregations

by truthseeker 11 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I was talking to a friend of mine recently who had some knowledge of the current situation with Bethelites being let go.

He said that this is having a negative impact on some congregations in New York City because these Bethelites are also serving as elders in their congregations.

When a Bethel elder is reassigned, the congregation loses out on the leadership, and in some cases there are not enough brothers taking the lead to keep the congregation running.

As a consequence of this, a few congregations have been disbanded and merged with other nearby congregations.

Has anyone heard anything similar to this?

• proandcon
    proandcon

I have...not in NYC but in the congs near WT Farm...several have recently combined due to bethelites being assigned to other areas and some others in the cong joining a foreign language group (eg Italian). Those "left behind" are languishing somewhat...territories not being worked, morale down, etc. Interesting, that this is right at tthe doorstep of bethel (Farm upstate NY)...many JW's are tired and perplexed about what's happenning and why. No one levels with anyone.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well at least Babylon the greats waters are drying up too!!

• yknot
    yknot

Consolidation .......

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

that's interesting

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    I have...not in NYC but in the congs near WT Farm...several have recently combined due to bethelites being assigned to other areas and some others in the cong joining a foreign language group (eg Italian). Those "left behind" are languishing somewhat...territories not being worked, morale down, etc. Interesting, that this is right at tthe doorstep of bethel (Farm upstate NY)...many JW's are tired and perplexed about what's happenning and why. No one levels with anyone.

one instance of a bethellite being let go has told the friends that he had put in application for special pioneer years ago, and bethel made him one, what a blessing

• blondie
    blondie

When I lived near Wallkill, the congregation I was in had 12 elders but only 3 weren't at Bethel. I anticipated and mentioned that this large reassignment had to affect the congregations in NYC and Wallkill. More in Wallkill since the proportion of Bethelites to each local congregation was higher. In NYC the ratio of jws from Bethel to non-Bethelites is lower.

Blondie

• dinah
    dinah

Twelve elders? I'll be that was interesting to sit back and watch all the power plays that happened.

• blondie
    blondie

dinah, it was a power struggle. The elders from Bethel felt they had more "wisdom" than the local elders but dumped the responsibilities on them, taking care of the KH repairs, hospital visits, shepherding calls, taking out the group in FS (most Bethelite men don't get 2 Saturday ams off until they are 50).

Blondie

• JAVA
    JAVA

Maybe it's a sign that we're finally living in the time of the end--for the Watchtower. I'm sure the internet has had a huge impact on groups like the Tower. Truth is a powerful force.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit