Quotable Quotes - Henry Ford (fluff)

by MsMcDucket 12 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Henry Ford was an American industrialist and pioneer of the assembly-line production method. He was the founder of the Ford Motor Co. One of many achievements of Henry Ford was the introduction of the Model T car!

Below are words of wisdom in the form of inspirational quotes and motivational quotes by Henry Ford:

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
    Henry Ford

If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person's point of view and see things from that person's angle as well as from your own.
    Henry Ford

You can’t build a reputation on what you’re going to do.
    Henry Ford

You can do anything if you have enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes rise to the stars. With it, there is accomplishment. Without it there are only alibis.
    Henry Ford

Money the root of all evil, unless used for good purpose.
    Henry Ford

A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business.
    Henry Ford

Coming together is a beginning,
    staying together is progress,
    and working together is success.
    Henry Ford

One of the great discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. Most of the bars we beat against are in ourselves - we put them there, and we can take them down.
    Henry Ford

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
    Henry Ford

If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.
    Henry Ford

To do more for the world than the world does for you - that is success.
    Henry Ford

Time and money spent in helping people to do more for themselves is far better than mere giving.
    Henry Ford

Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.
    Henry Ford

There is no man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can do.
    Henry Ford

There is one rule for the industrialist and that is:
    Make the best quality of goods possible at the lowest cost possible, paying the highest wages possible.
    Henry Ford

Whatever you have, you must either use or lose.
    Henry Ford

It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.
    Henry Ford

If you think of standardization as the best that you know today, but which is to be improved tomorrow; you get somewhere.
    Henry Ford

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement.
    Henry Ford

I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can't be done.
    Henry Ford

Life is a series of experience, each of which makes us bigger even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and griefs which we endure help us in our marching onward.
    Henry Ford

Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.
    Henry Ford

Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
    Henry Ford

An idealist is a person who helps other people to be prosperous.
    Henry Ford

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
    Henry Ford

http://www.wow4u.com/henry-ford/index.html

The Lamron

There is a story about Henry Ford that I love to tell. ... "5) Surround yourself with successful people. You become like those you hang around. ...
  • Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

In 1918, Henry Ford had his private secretary and closest aide, Ernest G. Liebold, purchase a newspaper named The Dearborn Independent. Liebold was the editor of the paper from 1920-1927. Ford used this newspaper to publish "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion." Have you ever heard of these "Protocols"? They are an ugly, concocted, defamatory slur against Jews. These "Protocols" purport to expose the "secret plan" of Jews to achieve world domination. They were originally published in Russia in the 1800's. They were next translated into French. In Ford's day, these "Protocols" had already long been debunked as a total fraud, but he endorsed them as "fitting in" with what was "going on' in American society.

Alonng with the Protocols, Ford also used the DearbornIndependent to publish a four-volume series entitled The International Jew, the World's Foremost Problem. Due to their wide distribution, these four volumes had enormous influence, especially in Nazi Germany. Hitler read and admired them; and he revered Ford. Hitler made a vow to put Ford's theories into practice in Germany. Ford is the only American mentioned in Hitler's Mein Kampf [My Struggle]. Neo-Nazis and other hate groups still publish material gleaned from the pages of TheInternational Jew.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    In 1918, Henry Ford had his private secretary and closest aide, Ernest G. Liebold, purchase a newspaper named The Dearborn Independent. Liebold was the editor of the paper from 1920-1927.

Gawd, I didn't know he hated Jews. I just new he was successful at building American cars. One can still use his quotes for the greater good. I'll have to look into this hate-monger thing. I might have to sell my Fords. Oops! I all ready did. I dunno if I'll buy anymore Fords. Darn it, the Nazi's invented x-rays too... *sheesh*

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

In his capacity as an idustrialist and factory-owner, Ford may be considered a genius, but he was an evil genius. He used his power, prestige and influence to "fan the flames" of anti-semitism, racial hatred and xenophobia. The evil of which he was guilty was compounded by his power and prestige. Obviously, Hitler would have planned and carried out the Holocaust even without having read Ford's volumes. However, Ford definitely did make a contributing effort in bringing about the genocide of Jews during World War Two. As I said, The InternationalJew had a widespread and horribly baneful influence and effect, especially in Nazi Germany.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I'll just flip the script and use it against haters of mankind!

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Ms. McDucket: Just google "Henry Ford and anti-semitism." Funny you should mention the model-T, that car served as the "inspiration" for Hitler's Volkswagen, the "people's car" [in German, "v" is pronounced like the English letter "f," and the words, der volks means "the people's"].

• potleg
    potleg

Ford (in my opinion) wasn't the greatest roll model in his business dealings or his views, but neither was Lindberg or Carnegie. However there is good advice in most of these quotes. I think the trick is to discover the background of such individuals and then filter their viewpoints according to your own values not theirs.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

No, he was not a very good roll model, nor was he a very good role model.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Ms. McDucket: Just google "Henry Ford and anti-semitism." Funny you should mention the model-T, that car served as the "inspiration" for Hitler's Volkswagen, the "people's car" [in German, "v" is pronounced like the English letter "f," and the words, der volks means "the people's"].

I never did like those Volkswagens! I thought that the "beetle" was ugly; and people would say they were hell to keep up and that the parts were expensive, which added to my dislike of the car. The Model-T was before my time; but it looked cool in gangster movies. I had no idea that Mr. Ford was a hater; but I still think the quotes can be used by all for self-improvement. Now that I know more about his background, I'd be more discerning about where I'd post his quotes. I, definitely, wouldn't want to give the wrong impression. I'm learning more from the internet than I did from my history and business management classes.

I have owned several Fords. My first car was an old Thunderbird.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yikes, I had no idea Ford was an anti-Semite. I saw the Ford museum in Dearborn, MI back in 1973 and I don't remember anything about that (of course).

One of Ford's closest friends was Tom Edison. I visited their winter homes in Fort Myers, Florida -- those homes were only a few hundred feet apart. They and Harvey Firestone worked on technology ideas together down there.

Here is a picture of the three of them together in Fort Myers in 1929 (Left to right: Ford, Edison and Firestone):

Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Harvey Firestone- the fathers of modernity. Ft. Myers, Florida, February 11, 1929.

Tom Edison's favorite film was "Birth of a Nation", a film that glorified those anti-Semites known as the KKK. I don't know whether he liked the film for its technical brilliance or for its disgusting content.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit