Adam and Eve were NEVER perfect.

by gaiagirl 32 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'm not so sure about that...where exactly does the bible say that Jehovah is Almighty God?

• sizemik
    sizemik

lettersandnumbers . . . you have already established that Satan and Jehovah are a well-organised tag-team in this slaughter at armageddon, on another thread. Now you have shown another commonality . . . that they both conceal their true identity and decieve.

Soon you will have me believing in the trinity binary. Are you sure they're not actually the same person?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Gen 17:1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty; walk before me and be blameless.

Here is another situation where God appeared to someone (although no one can see him and live). You cannot actually say that he appeared as Michael or anyone else for that matter because the literal Hebrew translation is "Yah-weh (LORD) appeared to him".

Then he went on to claim that HE was God Almighty.......how can this be?

sizemik You make an interesting point too, I am starting to wonder if this Jehovah (Yahweh) god is not the deceiver and a false God.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

@ still thinking:

My whole relationship with God changed when I stopped trying to jam Him into a "human thought" box. We can't know His true nature because he is not like us -human.

I read the stories in the bible as life lessons, as if it is a book I found at the bookstore. Stories have value, even when they are fiction, because they are written by people who are trying to describe life. The more perspective you get about life, the more you understand.

I experienced enough theological backflips to last me a lifetime in the JWs. There is no value in trying to make every ENGLISH word that has been translated a million different ways fit into an elaborate pretzel of (anti)logic.

Who cares if Jehovah is God's name? Or if Jesus is Michael? Or if Satan is YHWH, even? My perception of God and my understanding of Him, through what I see of His creation, is not based on what His name is, or isn't.

Just say NO to theological pretzels!!!

• VampireDCLXV
  • VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

@20571pnt428571:

There's nothing to be seen in anything you write here except for a whole lotta crazy. Nothing you write is coherent or logical in the least. If anyone believed anything you write here, they'd be harming themselves in the worst way. You really need to check yourself into an assylum *NOW*. You're a danger to yourself and others...

V665V665

• still thinking
    still thinking

2057??? Is it just me...or did you completely side step the issue? You quoted me and then went on to goodness knows where...

You have discussed how humans slaughter each other and you have gone into the world banking system and its possible roots and intentions. BUT...you haven't responded to....HOW the Lord God (Yahweh) appeared to Abraham and yet Abraham lived. (when the bible clearly states that NO ONE can see God and live).

Also...If Yahweh is the deceiver? Isn't it possible that he is behind all the other problems you mentioned...ie human slaughter, greed, world bank etc...It does seem to be his way in the OT...And yet this totally contradicts how Jesus depicts his father (God). Maybe Jesus came to save us from this god Yahweh?

Maybe Yahweh is playing this game...and we are the pawns

And back to the topic...Do you think that if Adam and Eve hadn't sinned they would still be alive now? If you do think that how do you come to that conclusion when they had to eat from the tree of life to live forever. Obviously they weren't perfect yet...there must have been a reason why they had to wait to eat of that tree.

• Terry
    Terry

Perfect IS as perfect DOES.

A fork is perfect for peas and carrots. It is perfectly awful for soup.

Adam is unnecessarily "perfect".

Adam was created imperfect, actually, because he lacked what he needed and was a contingent creature.

Not knowing good and bad he could not be moral either.

He was curious. He was ambitious (wanting to be like God knowing good and bad) but, certainly not perfect.

• still thinking
    still thinking

So he had to eat the apple...otherwise how would he learn morals? And what sort of free will would it be if he didn't know? You can't have fee will if you only have one side of the story.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I read the book of Adam and Eve - a book which taken out of the bible - it is just interesting to read ...

By the way now that no one dictate us what we can or can't read as relates to religions or bible issues, I'd recommend for anyone interested to read all the books that were excluded from the bible as we have it today. The Book of Enoch, the book of adam and eve, the book of the jubileees, the book of bees, dozens of others ... Just google them

Another explanation I heard for Adam and Eve and the tree of life is that they would have live forever in imperfection. That's why God prevented them from eating from the tree of Life. Imagine someone living in disease and pain maybe forever without the ability to die. Suicide wouldn't work, Kevorkian would't be able to help either :), there would be no Death at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit