Catie Couric falls on her smug ass...yay!

by Gregor 17 Replies latest social current

• Gregor
    Gregor

That's all.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

lol....

Gregor,

A number of years ago I was at a party in NY and was speaking with George Maharis, an ancient now forgotten actor, and this diminutive woman kept interrupting the conversation, literally cutting across the both of us with inane chatter ( I think the 'champers' had got the better of her). I glared at the top of her head a few times but it made little difference. I excused myself (nothing more boring than a drunk) leaving poor sod George to deal with her and sidled over to my wife who had seen the goings on. She said, "That is Katie Couric". I replied, "Who the Hell is Katie Couric?".

When I first read your post I thought, "Who the Hell Is Katie Couric?".

As you can tell, I am a slow learner, but thanks for the memory...lol

HS

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I would like to fail at something and still get $15 Million a year.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Yeah NewYork - reminds me how I was dumbfounded at Ms McCartneys reaction throwing water over the lawyer after she had only been granted £20 MILLION!! + annual allowances etc.

How can anyone go from low money woman @ 36 - be married 3 yrs and come out @ 39 with that and "FEEL" like she showed right there?

Blows the mind really!

Allegedly this comment was overheard:

"He's got everything that he wanted. That's what happens with powerful people," she said

I fail to see the shape of some peoples heart!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm sorry...is there anything else to this besides her probably leaving the Evening News after the elections? Is she a bad newscaster?

• Gregor
    Gregor

In her world of network television ratings she has just about run the CBS evening news into the ground. She has never done better than the old guy who filled in between Rathers departure and her arrival, Bob Schiefer. The 15 mil a year she negotiated is not being earned on the playing field of television advertising. It's like the Yankee's signing a hot shot new pitcher for a zillion bucks and then finding out he only throws hits.

PS Ancient history note to Hillary Step, I also had an encounter with George Maharis. He and Martin Milner were shooting an episode of Route 66 when I went by very slowly in a traffic jam caused by the film crew at Hollywood and Vine. They were sitting in the Corvette waiting and I said hello as our car crept by them 3 feet away, he was very cordial and relaxed. Milner was rather stiff.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Katie grew damned annoying on morning TV. It became clear she thought it was the Katie Couric Morning show. I was glad to see her leave. I am proud to say that I have not seen her on the nightly news. I am shocked that she lasted this long.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

No bigs, I watch Fox. Those guys are so humble. Not a smug, self-satisfied smirk in sight over there boy.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh, Dan, that's the funniest thing I've read or heard today.

• Galileo
    Galileo

Let's hope they replace her with Robin Meade. Ratings through the roof, guaranteed. She's almost enough to make me believe in God again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XEfHURMDwk&feature=related

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit