Have U Ever Realized No One Wanted To Work With U In Service?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Casper
    Casper

When you are willing to use your car in service every day... there's always somebody looking for a free ride...

Cas

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What is worse than no one wanting to work with you is when you get paired off with the overzealous bro/sis who want to convert every door. Even when it is not their turn. I hated when my partner butted in and took over the conversation.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well people would phone & ask if I would work with them before we got to the group.But many times the Elder would say "NO I want Grace to work with the new one, ( they had never been out in service before)Or they couldnt speak the language.You see even back then I was a mouth.Spewing "fibs" Foot in the door JW after all I was saving lives
    Oh I hate these memories.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    FF, were you well liked?

I was by some, not by others. Overall I was always considered "bad association" because of my colourful "worldly" past. Most of the time I worked alone because I was taking the group. If there was an odd number of people at the group, the rule was the conductor worked alone. I eventually started making arrangements with a MS who enjoyed bars as much as I did, and we'd go off on our own to do "return visits". Since we were wearing suits and ties, we counted our time. W

• undercover
    undercover

We always pre-arranged our car groups so we wouldn't get stuck with the old sister who smelled like moth balls or the old brother who hadn't discovered soap.

One Circuit Overseer came through town and wouldn't let anyone sit on the side aisles during the meeting for field service. Then after discussing the text and the presentations, he would ask for car drivers to sit on the ends of the side aisles. Once they were seated, then he told everyone else to fill up the aisles beside the drivers, no more than four to a row. Once everyone was seated, he said, "there's your car groups, let's go".

The bad part about that was that our elders adopted that arrangement after he left. So we started arranging our own group and sat on the side aisle before the musical cult chairs started. Pretty soon, everyone was doing pre-arranging, leaving the "undesirables" sitting alone in the middle section.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Just the opposite. there were two brothers who the elders would not work with and they always paired them off to me when my wife did not go out. they would sit or stand next to me and the one taking the lead would say brother so and so you and brother blueblades take this territory that no one wants to work and go there. I got to not want to go out in service unless my wife came with me.

• MsBHaving
    MsBHaving
    What is worse than no one wanting to work with you is when you get paired off with the overzealous bro/sis who want to convert every door. Even when it is not their turn. I hated when my partner butted in and took over the conversation.

Ha ha The first time this happened to me I witnessed for myself the good ole "Foot in the Door" I hated service and only went when I had to. I would be the one praying that no one was home... I

• minimus
    minimus

Don'tcha just miss the good old days??

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    One Circuit Overseer came through town and wouldn't let anyone sit on the side aisles during the meeting for field service.

Maybe we had the same CO. I remember that method of arranging groups.

• minimus
    minimus

I think Bob Rokos did that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit