Have U Ever Realized No One Wanted To Work With U In Service?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were you ever out in a service group and either everyone was paired off or it seemed that you were always the last person to be worked with? (Like it kinda made you feel unwanted)......

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have realized that people wanted to work with me that I didn't want to work with. This always happened--there was this couple that regular pioneered after the husband got laid off from work. He was always seeking to get me to be his clone, and would want me to work with him to that effect. And when someone I did want to work with was out, they always got me with someone I didn't want instead--to control me.

Eventually I found that the permanent solution was to just plain not go out in field circus at all. That prevents that axxhole from controling my life, and it saves a lot of time for me to help prevent others from joining. (I hope it had something to do with their recent failure to complete the Crapmorial campaign in time).

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I usually ended up working with my dad because I didn't fit into any of the cliques at the hall. Everybody paired off and had a good time yaking it up while they walked door-to-door.

• minimus
    minimus

What's bad is if you're left with 2 elders and they want to work with you....oh Oh!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what happens if your partner is hellbent on keeping you out long past when they know you need to be in? I have had that happen more than a few times.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

while I was the elders kid... I always got to work with the folks no one wanted to work with. Setting a good example and all that kind of stuff.

Hill

• minimus
    minimus

If you wanted to get out of actual H2H preaching, being with elders was a good thing. They were the inventors of the Pioneer Shuffle.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When I pioneered™ I used to take groups™ and usually ended up being odd man out because everyone came prearranged. On average, I worked alone for 70 of the 90 hours I was out each month.

W

• minimus
    minimus

FF, were you well liked?

• IcingHeart
    IcingHeart

Yeah, I was(am) kind of the odd duck in the congregation, so I was (is) usually the last person picked. Though this one sister usually wants to work with me, and if she's there, I work with her. Just recently, I joined her on some calls (yay no work for me) and told her I had to be home by 12:30, I didn't give her a reason (I just wouldn't be able to stand FS for longer), but made it a very important point. On her last call at like 11:30, we were invited in, she kept talking, talking, talking, I nudged her like three times (12:15, 12:20, then 12:30) and we were standing in the doorway, on the way out, with the door wide open, and she would not STFU! We FINALLY got out, she asked what time it is, I told her 12:30, so she freaked out about losing track of time, and was late to her pioneer meeting. She had the nerve to ask me if I could wait an hour before she drove me home so she could go. I was thinking, hell no, are you nuts? How many times did I say 12:30?! I told her I would walk home if I had to. She drove me to kingdomhall and made me call my mom to come pick me up. How inconsiderate! These morons put the borg before their friends.

This wouldn't be an issue, but I have to fake this whole witness crap. I was faking my hours, but maybe my parents were concerned that I didn't even go out once for two or three months, yet filled in service time. Hehheh...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit