How was your personal experience with the JW's brand of LUV?

by Honesty 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Mine was GREAT !!!

Until I started telling JW's about the United Nations thangy.

I immediately began losing friends at the rate of 3 or 4 a day until there were no more.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I've been pretty much silent on what I've found (family still in), so I'm still experiencing the "love" and getting cards every so often.

One couple sent me a get well soon card because I'd been absent from the hall for months. How patronising is that? I didn't know whether to laugh or what.

How did you go about telling people about the UN thing? "Did you know the Society was an NGO?"?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

You = you have hit the nail - JWs are cool if you blend in but as I was a newbie and totally open minded I enthusiatically attempted to ask questions or point out obvious logic and very quickly was made to feel rejected - like I could sense a snae in the garden!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When it became transparent to me that they wanted me in the Value Destroyer Training School, and then to repair the religion and build up the Critical Mass needed for them to start the Second Dark Ages, I didn't want anything more to do with them. I value fornication far more than the "privilege" of setting up the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to own the whole world and everything/everyone in it.

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

no love here, because I'm not baptized and older than 16. I know crazy right? so I guess the love would be tough love? by not being a friend. so that will make me take the plunge I'm sure of it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you can make it to 18 without getting baptized, my suggestion is to just walk out and not go back. At that point, there is nothing they can do but treat you like a worldly person with some knowledge of the cancer.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

When I first came to the KH the "Agape" love was great but over time it disintegrated to where there were only a few that shared that kind of love. I found that most of it was pretend, a put on, and was in no way sincere. Only in the cliques did you see it hold firm. But, it may have just been a close bond of freindship. Nonetheless, I thought the love I seen in the KH overall was rather rude and boorish. It is all motivated by obligation of being part of an organization rather than from the heart.

I've seen more love from freinds and family and even coworkers that goes far beyond the Jdubs.

Quirky1

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

It's been a long time since I posted. Just been lurking. Any ways, this made me think about a conversation my mom and I had. We were discussing why I should go back. I told her that Jesus said that you will know my people by the love they have among them. I asked her to tell me one act of love that she has seen personaly. She could not name one act of love, and she has been a witness for almost 40 years. Now that is pitiful.

It was and is totaly conditional.

• heathen
    heathen

You get along fine as long as you play WTBTS sock puppet . You question anything they start hating on you .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit