"A New Earth"...think any JW's are reading this?

by TweetieBird 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I was watching Oprah yesterday and she was talking about how some people are afraid to read this because they think it will interfere with their religious beliefs. It got me to wondering if any believing JW's are reading this.

• *summer*
    *summer*

I am currently reading the book and also taking the monday night web class.

I mentioned this book to 2 very dedicated JWs and no, those particular 2 would not touch the book!

Among other things, Eckhart Tolle gives his interpretation of a few Bible verses, including "new earth and new heaven"

Well, only that is more than enough for a JW in good standing to throw that book to the fire!

But I love it and I SO enjoy the weekly classes...quite a few "ah ah" moments, believe me:-)

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I was watching Oprah yesterday and she was talking about how some people are afraid to read this because they think it will interfere with their religious beliefs. It got me to wondering if any believing JW's are reading this.

I had the same thoughts.

Also, watching CNN reports on the raid on the polygamy compound, some of the things they are saying about mind control and cults, must get some of them to think.................but maybe not. Steve Hassan was on a couple of programs last night, talking about cult mind control. I laughed out loud, at the things he said, wondering if it would have impacted me 13 or 14 years ago. Too similar.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I was about to start a topic about this book. I think JW's would consider this a new age philosophy and therefore it is off limits. Some things

have struck me kinda funny from the start of the book where it talked about 1914, the things that happened at that date. Last night, I was

reading about how whatever your religion is, is "the Truth" ( it's in quotes in the book) to you. It says there is good in all religion and that if a

religion says that it is the only true religion then it is a lie. Just from that this would be a demonized book to JW's. And I paraphrased greatly

there.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Sady, I think JW's will reject anything that contains the words "New Earth" if it's not published in Walkill. There are always a few interested in self improvement and will do whatever they want, but most are waiting for their 'new earth' to fix everything, including themselves.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Any philosophical or religious material that does not come from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is off limits. Besides, they are kept too busy studying material from the Watchtower Society, and then spreading the cancer door to door, that they do not have any time for anything else.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

I'm an active witness and I'm reading it! Oh, but I also read JWD so I guess I don't really count. haha

• *summer*
    *summer*

hotchocolate...

you are an active JW "with an open mind"

a very rare species. but that is how it should be.

hope you enjoy the book:-)

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Wow HotChoc = how do you ratify WT thinking with your own??

• R.F.
    R.F.

The cover of the book alone would be a red flag to JWs....

"A New Earth - Awakening To Your Life's Purpose"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit