My Introduction

by bgurl81 30 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

bgurl81.... Welcome to the love channel... Unconditional LOVE!!! So glad you found us. Tell your hubby we would like to introduce ourselves to him too. We have alot of bitter folks on board ( agains the WT) But even those show love to each of us on here ,..Your introdution was sad But most have been there when they were in the WT. But it is very good advice given to read Crises of Conscience EXCELLENT !!!! Keep posting.....

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, bgurl81!

• flipper
    flipper

BGURL 81- Welcome to the board friend ! You will find very caring people here who will give you opinions, advice, experiences many of us have gone through like you have being in the witnesses. Hang in there with your husband - it is harder for some to get over the " mind control" from being in the witnesses. So , good to see you post, welcome , Peace out, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

hello & welcome too. I was a very long time lurker too. I have family that would be hurt by my completely distancing myself although I haven't been to meetings in years . I can relate to how your husband feels. behavior learned over a lifetime does not quickly disappear.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm sorry that you were so alone, and had to endure so much

cruelty from those who say they love you at the Kh. Your amongst friends now.

lol

hope4others

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hi bgurl81,

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the feelings you endured, and all the best with the rest of your, now free, life. It's great to think of how utterly insignificant the organisation and all of its baseless opinions are. Hope your husband manages to make progress too. Go little by little - give him time.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Hi bgurl, welcome to JWD!!! Well done for having the bottle to post here. Alot of what you have gone thru rang true with me,

I'm sure you'll find much of what you are looking for here.

Hugs

PaulJ

• greendawn
    greendawn

Your story is very typical and it shows that the JWs are nothing but a loveless and judgemental society that has entirely failed to build the christian personality they boast so much about. They focus on preaching because that is what serves the interests of the WTS since its products get sold and the profits keep coming in.

Too much control over the issues of preaching and attending meetings since anyone failing to reach their standards quickly gets stigmatised as a week or inactive brother/sister.

In such a stern environment you are damned if you don't do them and damned again if you do them.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

WELCOME bgurl81.............Come on in, the water's fine. There is recovery from what we've all been through. Just take your time and learn the facts about the wts.

NMG

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome!

Life inside the organization is tough - sometimes leaving the baggage behind is even harder. Share with us what you want to - when you want to. We listen pretty good here. And most of us have had to spend several years shedding the baggage also.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit