What is the best way to deal with the IRS?

by AK - Jeff 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx all for the support and the good advice from those in the know.

I haven't a way to measure the relief that I feel at the moment. I was in the process of gathering another wave of letters and data to send to them - and honestly was expecting that my next step might be securing an attorney in the next couple of weeks, when the exonerating phone call came. Now I only have to wait for the official letter to arrive for my files and I can put this to bed.

I can now state that at least in my personal case, that the IRS Tax Advocate program worked well - it gave me a real person to talk to, who pushed the examiner to look at the documents I had already sent [and the examiner's office had already ignored before I called the TA].

Great joy in Muddville tonight.

Jeff

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    The best way is to move to Costa Rica or Honduras..................oompa

This is funny. Last year I had to battle with my son in law over claiming Julian. I won. Julian was never with Dave and is not Dave's son. Dave had no right to claim him. I proved it and so Dave would have been notified that he owed the IRS the money he received as a result of claiming him. The taxpayer's advocate helped me with my case. If all else fails, consult a tax attorney.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I just saw your last reply, Jeff. Congratulations. Sometimes it's a thankless role, grandparent/custodian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit