Catholic Church will make huge announcement about child abuse situation

by Octarine Prince 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Click Here!

Don't we wish another group would do this?

• greendawn
    greendawn

The other group will not come out so openly about it because they fear losing a lot of money in law suits, that's why they produced the silly two witness rule in the first place. In the hope that through it no JW pedophile would ever be caught. They are not silly enough to act in the presence of witnesses.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It seems that "other group" gleefully bashed the Catholic church for its pedophile problem. And now they are coming clean, acknowledging that they did wrong.

In the meantime, the witlesses are steadfastly denying that they have a major problem. They admit they have a "sporadic, isolated" incident of pedophiles and that they have been dealing with it. And they are going to carry on like this until they end up going down or forcing lawmakers to change laws to allow them to control "truth".

• blondie
    blondie

If you think the Catholic Church is suddenly becoming Christian or ethical on this issue, visit this website:

http://www.snapnetwork.org/

The Papal Visit: SNAP events and news

04/08/08: Press Release - Washington, DC press conference

A week before Pope arrives, sex abuse victims still ignored; will release ‘fact sheet’ on Pope ’s poor track record on abuse

Press statement 04/08/08: No response to request; need action not words

Posted 04/08/08: Letter sent to the pope and papal nuncio on January 31, 2008

Posted 04/08/08: Pope's record on clergy sexual abuse

Event scheduled 04/13/08: SNAP Vigil, Sunday afternoon, April 13

Press Release - New York City press conference

Pedophile priest who molests again, 2 pre-school boys; ex-Dominican already suspended for sexual assault; superiors withold information

Press Statements

SNAP Baptist: Baptist pastor refused to call police about child sex abuse report ; victims respond

SNAP (Oregon): SNAP response to Bishop Malone receiving religious education award

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Does anyone know what the ratio is of Catholic priest versus pedophile Catholic priest?

The SNAP website says there are 5000 pedophiles in the US. How many priests are there? 5000 is a LOT! Is that an exaggeration?

• inkling
    inkling

"Uhhh.... yeah, so sorry we f**ked up your kids. Please keep giving us money."

And this makes things better how??

If the WT asked for forgiveness, would they deserve it? Would you give it?

[inkling]

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Now I can't find where they said the number was 5000. Not sure if I read it wrong. Regardless. I still want to know. If anyone has that info.

I just can't say I blame the Pope for not wanting to meet with SNAP. I give credit where credit is due and the Church is acknowledging and doing something. SNAP is unwilling to acknowledge anything.

• blondie
    blondie

The cost of abuseIn a survey of Catholic dioceses and religious orders in the United States, the John Jay College of Criminal Justice found that 4 percent of priests who served during the period from 1950 to 2002 had been accused in the sex abuse of a minor.
    Church critics suggest the number is higher.

A Washington Post analysis found more than 12,500 sex abuse victims and credible accusations against nearly 5,000 priests and deacons during that period.Settling the legal cases has cost the church $1.5 billion -- $399 million in 2005 alone.

http://www.snapnetwork.org/news/otherstates/in_Monroe_10_years.htm

The figures released yesterday bring the total number of alleged victims since 1950 to 11,750, the number of accused priests to 5,148, and the church's expenses to more than $840 million. Three dioceses have declared bankruptcy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A36324-2005Feb18.html

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

According to the following link there are some 46,000 priests in the U.S., which means that the pedophile problem is under 7%. It has an interesting observation about the Protestant clergy. I think they have yet to address their own problem.

I also think that Snap is performing an invaluable work, by keeping the problem to the forefront. Although the Catholic Chuch has done a lot of cleaning up, there is still a lot left to be done. Snap may never be fully appeased, but at least an effort should be made to that end.

http://www.allaboutreligion.org/catholic-priests.htm

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

So now the question I have is what is the percentage of pedophilia in the US period? I mean is 7% a large percentage compared to the general population?

Obviously, pedophiles are going to go where they can to have access to children. So religions are always going to attract pedophiles. I know for a fact that just to work even as a volunteer in any capacity now in a Catholic Parish you have to go through fingerprinting. The same as working in the public school system, where pedophiles had harbored in the past. So steps are being taken.

I absolutely agree pedophile priests and those who protected them should be prosecuted by the law, as well as any clergy in any religion.

But I like to keep things in perspective. And I think the only thing SNAP will be happy with is closing down the RCC, which isn't going to happen. Any adult victim who remains Catholic is discredited by them. They are fanatics. They lose credibility by their fanaticism. IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit