Can You Stand One More Thread on " Generation "?- Check this Out- Weird !

by flipper 32 Replies latest jw friends

• potleg
    potleg

Bravo Rapunzel, you really let your hair down there. I think you're absolutely right.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am sorry flipper - you are totally flipped out. What the WTS meant was generation in the antitypical sense and in the origibnal greek actually could mean wewhoaretobeobeyed

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

The whole thing is best summed up in the Movie Star Trek: Generations. The wbts is not only the center of the universe but it is in fact the Nexus. A generation is whatever the gb says it is because when their thoughts change so does everything within the nexus!

What a bunch of Assholes they are.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u6bqtbNl00E

• Mary
    Mary
    This feature of the Lord's day extends from 1914 until the LAST OF THE FAITHFUL ANOINTED ONES DIES AND IS RESURRECTED. " Now if the number professing to be of the anointed is increasing each year from 8,000 to 9,000 to 10,000 - can you explain how in the hell are they ever supposed to die off ?! The definition of generation is " 30 years " ! At the rate the Watchtower society is asking it's believers to accept their faulty view of what a " generation " is then their " generation " will never ever end. Thus the time of the end will go on forever.

BINGO!! Remember last year when they got rid of 1935 as the cut off date for the 'annointed' to be sealed? Well that, along with their useless interpretation of the word "generation" indeed gives them an unlimited number of years to work with. They want younger ones to start claiming they're of the annointed, because if someone who's 40 or 50 years of age starts partaking, then that gives them another 40 years with which to streeeeeetch "this generation" out to.

Is it just me or is this the lamest, craziest view of things yet by this organization.

Well, I don't know if it's THE lamest or craziest, but it's certainly in the Top 5. IMO, I think the No. #1 craziest view on something is the ridiculous idea that Jesus "returned invisibly" in 1914. But that's just me.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Thats why they call it Crookyln folks

The tower of power stands to this day built off cunning misconceptions and fearful coercion .

There is a slight of hand being played there, unfortunately its only the smartest who can discover it and see it for what it is.

• JK666
    JK666

Every GB member's eyes are brown -

They are so full of $hite!

JK

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I don't know. I mentioned the new generation as a major reason for my recent defection to my relatives (wife, parents) but they kept on singing the old praises of "new light". May JHWH be praised for revealing this new truth, they felt!!!

• heathen
    heathen

Unbelievable how they can be so wrong but then turn around and promise a new group of prospects eternal life when they were wrong about the first one.That scripture does not promise eternal life .

• flyphisher
    flyphisher
    " This feature of the Lord's day extends from 1914 until the LAST OF THE FAITHFUL ANOINTED ONES DIES AND IS RESURRECTED."

But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart: "my master is delaying", and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, THE MASTER OF THAT SLAVE WILL COME ON A DAY THAT HE DOES NOT EXPECT AND IN AN HOUR THAT HE DOES NOT KNOW, and will punish him with the greatest severity and will ASSIGN HIM HIS PART WITH THE HYPOCRITES.

Matt. 14:48

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It's all "Obsessive Supressive" if you ask me.

Quirky1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit