My new favorite scripture!

by LtCmd.Lore 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

So. when the JW's regect what you say simply because it's apostate, Proverbs 18:13 comes to your rescue:

13 When anyone is replying to a matter before he hears it, that is foolishness on his part and a humiliation.

Right there in a single completely unambiguous sentence: It would be foolish for them to reject what you say before they hear it!

• kwr
    kwr

Are you hitting the sauce tonight?

• JCanon
    JCanon

So. when the JW's regect what you say simply because it's apostate, Proverbs 18:13 comes to your rescue:

13 When anyone is replying to a matter before he hears it, that is foolishness on his part and a humiliation.

Right there in a single completely unambiguous sentence: It would be foolish for them to reject what you say before they hear it!

This is one of my favorite scriptures too! But indeed, JWs don't adhere to it. They pretend to listen but as soon as they see where the GB is wrong per the Bible, they quickly shut down and run screaming "apostate"! They think that ends the matter if they hide their heads in the sand. But XJWs do the same thing. It's very hard to get some of them who have made up their own minds too to deal with specifics. They dismiss and call names all the time without really dealing with the actual issue involved or providing, if they reject your view, their own view which should be better and more reasonable, right? They don't. They are often the mirror image of the most devout but closed minded JW. That's why the best way to get to a JW is at the elder level. I used to do that by clever little fliers I'd make up, that looked like it was pro-Bible information but ended up attacking some false WTS doctrine. I'd place the fliers on the cars of the witnesses (on the street) while they were at a meeting or even stick some into the door of the kingdom hall. I know some child would probably find it, give it to their mom who would read it and then panic and hand it to an elder: WE'RE UNDER ATTACK BY APOSTATES IN THE AREA!! But the edler can't resist reading the information even though he is supposed to throw it away immediately. He thinks he needs to see what "damage" has been done or will be done if unsuspecting new ones or publishers happen to read this information. Of course, when he does the "problem" becomes his to resolve and he can't. He's trapped. He then hands it to another elder and ultimately the wisest most studious of all the elders to look into it. So ultimately most of the elder body gets "infected" before they realize that was the whole idea in the first place. One of them will forward the information to the Society for them to deal with. Of course, the WTS knows quite well I'm the one who put it out and they just ignore it with a chagrin. They know what they don't have the answers to, but there's nothing they can do about it, so..... Good scripture!!! One of my favorites! One the WTS won't always follow though, unfortunately. JC

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I used to do that by clever little fliers I'd make up, that looked like it was pro-Bible information but ended up attacking some false WTS doctrine. I'd place the fliers on the cars of the witnesses (on the street) while they were at a meeting or even stick some into the door of the kingdom hall. I know some child would probably find it, give it to their mom who would read it and then panic and hand it to an elder: WE'RE UNDER ATTACK BY APOSTATES IN THE AREA!!

Yes that was quite clever, did you ever get caught?

hope4others

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Proverbs 18:13 comes to your rescue:

Probably not in the next few wt's anyway, seems apostates are mentioned frequently lately to "not listen to anyone who talks negatively"

hope4others

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

That is an excellent scripture to quote on the doors!

And I mean your door if a JW knocks on it - before you tell them what you want to!

• JCanon
    JCanon
    Yes that was quite clever, did you ever get caught?

Well, yes, sort of. I made the mistake of sending out some of the literature with the return address of my parents, who were still active witnesses. When my father showed up to help with the building of the Kingdom Hall they gave him a hard time. I didn't think that would happen, though the flier I sent wasn't necessarily anonymous. I sent it to an elder I thought might reflect on it, in fact someone whom I had sort of studied with who came into the truth. So I did get caught that way. I was sorry my dad had to bear the brunt of my activism. So that was a lessoned learned.

But I did leave one at the local congregation without owning up to it and heard about it. It worked like a charm. I heard a group of the elders got together and discussed it after finding it. The elders think they are immune to apostate literature and they sort of have to monitor it, maybe even report it to the Society, so they end up reading it. But it pays to know how the congregation works. If you send something to the Kingdom Hall in the mail you need to try to get it into the hands of a ministerial servant. So I used to address the mail to the "Literature Servant". They get requests for literature and other things all the time so it would probably be opened by a ministerial servant, then passed on.

I also sent out letters to ever congregation in the U.S. basically which was on the form of a letter to the GB, sort to telling them that I discovered that Xerxes and Artaxerxes were the same king and how the Bible agreed with that! I was sort of alerting them to the new information and sent a "cc" to all the congregations so they would be alerted to it too. Teee heee heee!!! Of course, they are second party to what the GB was having to deal with. They wouldn't assume the letter was really directed to them. It looked official, since I wasn't doing it behind the WTS' back and it was written as a "helpful" research article for their benefit. That's how it was set up, but actually it meant that 1914 had to be revised. I'm sure after all the elders read it and thought about it for a while, they realized it was a cleverly disguised apostate letter.

One of my favroite fliers was very clever, with some graphics. It basically addressed "Who were the 3rd, 6th and 9th-hour workers?" since they got the penny too like the 11th-hour workers, which are the workers the WTS identified with!! Proof they are clueless about that parable since ALL the workers get the penny so if only JWs are going to heaven and they are the 11th hour workers, then who are the others?

But to no avail. The WTS knows the truth, knows the scriptures and deliberately refuse to change their doctrines in line with the Bible and even go out of their way to deceive. So they are truly the beast that looks like a lamb to the gullible followers but it speaks like a dragon. The WTS is the lamb-dragon/false prophet beast spoken of in Revelation. The 666-Beast represents trinity-believing Christendom (666=three numbers but one number = three gods but one god, etc.)

JC

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

My favourite scripture is Malachi 2:3.

"Look! I am [corrupting your] seed; and I will scatter dung upon your faces."

Praise the Lord!

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

What about Proverbs 17:17? "A true companion is loving all the time, and is a brother that is born for when there is distress."
    How can someone shun you at all after reading this?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

It's a great scripture, yes, but don't forget, whatever the Filthy and Disgraceful Masters tell you is what you should believe. So now, if someone just displays a hint of spine, a smidgen of testicular fortitude, a glimpse of rationality--you should report them to your Elder Gestapo immediately!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit