The Internet, JWs and Being Told Dont Use It.

by uwishufish 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    some of the jws take being told don't use the internet is their que to open their browser?

You have a point there! Today's younger generation coming up are so computer savvy that the more to try to say not to do

something the more curiosity they will have. I'm not young but it makes me want to check it out.

hope4others

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I started looking soon after I started having doubts and was amazed at what I had found. It would be even greater if I could get my wife and her parents to look at the information that is available about the WTBS/JW's. I would like to awaken them from their slumber but I do not see that happening to soon.

Q

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I also only looked on the Internet until I already had heavy doubts. I suppose I was looking for validation of my feelings.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

That word 'Apostacy' is a trump card to them though. I was terrified of anything that might be apostate, in my mind it was just evil incarnate and if I even read as much as one sentence it would worm its way into my brain and cast doubts that I wouldnt be able to get rid of.

What total piffle, I now know. Theres NO SUCH THING as apostate material.

But the trump card worked. I didnt dare look at anything until several years after I had left. And I think it probably works with most dubs too.

• blondie
    blondie

Considering the WTS has 2 websites, it would be hypocritical to tell jws not to get on the internet. Are they suggesting that jws who have jobs requiring Internet use to quit those jobs.........I hardly think so.

*** w51 3/15 p. 164 Time Better than Money ***

But instead of a moderate use of television by people generally, what do we frequently find? The evening meal over, the family rush for their seats before the television screen, there to sit for hours, till bedtime. No time for family conversation. No time for study. No time to serve God. Only time for television. Just time to sit before the screen and soak up propaganda and entertainment. So absorbed are they that they may refuse to leave their seats before the television for an hour a week, to share in a home Bible study.

But will television deliver them at Armageddon? Will their little god of the living room shelter them from Jehovah’s wrath? Time consumed on it might have been used to study, to transform their mind, to make it over, to gain godly wisdom, which is not to be compared to rubies, silver, gold, money or television; but instead they will be "destroyed for lack of knowledge". (Hos. 4:6) The marvelous invention has been misused by them till it has become a satanic snare to capture their mind, to keep their eye glued to a television screen, not allowing them time to see the sign of the second presence of Christ or to mentally discern the import of such sign and learn what they should do to successfully meet the crisis.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    But will television deliver them at Armageddon? Will their little god of the living room shelter them from Jehovah’s wrath? Time consumed on it might have been used to study, to transform their mind, to make it over, to gain godly wisdom, which is not to be compared to rubies, silver, gold, money or television; but instead they will be "destroyed for lack of knowledge". (Hos. 4:6) The marvelous invention has been misused by them till it has become a satanic snare to capture their mind, to keep their eye glued to a television screen, not allowing them time to see the sign of the second presence of Christ or to mentally discern the import of such sign and learn what they should do to successfully meet the crisis.

That sounds a little like a Fred Franz quote. He hated it when Dubs took a little time out for themselves instead sacrificing their lives to the society totally.

He probably only had a set of rabbit ears at Bethel and just one channel (God)

• seven006
    seven006

The warning from the Watchtower, Mormon, Scientologist and ALL other cult like minority religious leaders are identical. They ALL tell their people not to look up internet sites that say anything about them because it is all lies. It is exactly like the WWII ban on radios that Hitler put on the Jews with the penalty of death for violators. If they hear information about how the other side is doing and is sitting on the out skirts of town, they “begin to think” and eventually free themselves from the mental grip held by their corrupt captors and realize freedom is close.

We are living in an unparalleled age of instant world wide information exchange. Any person who can read and has a mind able to use critical thinking can now read about BOTH side of any issue. They can ask questions without fear of reprisal, in the privacy of their own homes, and with that critical thinking ability, make a decision for them self instead of having somebody else make it for them.

The next stage of this instant information exchange phenomenon will be the various ex-members of all these cult like minority religions to realize they are all virtually the same.
    Not in rejected dogma specifics but in the identical and sometimes exact way they all have been programmed and controlled.

Once questioning or doubting cult followers let their programmed but curious guards down to sneak a peek at the “other guys apostates” their critical thinking abilities might kick in and open them up to questioning their own thoughts and beliefs in relation to their own religion’s apostates. Seeing how the other religion that claims to be the “one and only true religion” is manipulating and controlling their followers, it might make some see that it is almost exactly the same for them.

After all, if every other religion is false, then the apostates who expose those false teaching must be right. It’s a first step to self realization for those who have been cut off from thinking on their own. It is the ultimate provocation of closed mind.

The old closed minded generations of cult like minority religious followers will die off and the younger more informed generation will not be so easily conned into the old cult’s control.

It will be a critical thinking snowball effect once it gets started.
    It’s starting to happen now.

Dave

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The warning from the Watchtower, Mormon, Scientologist and ALL other cult like minority religious leaders are identical. They ALL tell their people not to look up internet sites that say anything about them because it is all lies.

True, Dave. And I can see the WTS finding a brother who knows how to program--or possibly contracting a 3rd party--and bundling the next WTLibrary CD with a "safe browser" that the FDS TM "wholeheartedly endorses for the friends." They'll do just like the Scientologists did. It'll be a blacklisted browser so no one can look up "Crisis of Conscience" or "607 B.C.E" or "pedophilia" or any other bugaboo that's got their panties in a bind.

I am betting the farm on this one. They are getting more desperate by the day, and I can practically smell it in their literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit