The Internet, JWs and Being Told Dont Use It.

by uwishufish 17 Replies latest jw friends

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

As a public school teacher and standing in front of a class room I found it a way to advocate something questionable such as a borderline TV show or the radio show of risquay DJs by telling the class this was not good and they should not listen to these. Knowing all the while the next morning on the way to school they would be listening to Bob and Tom in the Morning.

So do any of you believe that some of the jws take being told don't use the internet is their que to open their browser?

• zeroday
    zeroday

As an active JW I would NEVER even think of using the internet to explore the WTS and apostates it was only after I left that I ventured into the realm of the dark side and found out what they did not want me to know...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I agree - the WTBTS are unwittingly by asking JWs not to go o nthe internet are actually encouraging the younger JWs to do exactly that and thus speeding up their own demise

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Same as zeroday, would have been terrified of the www.demons.

However, I think the generation of people for whom the internet has always existed are more likely to say WTF!??

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard that they call the Web the lair of the spider. And guess what? I have found the spider--and it isn't anything to be afraid of! That spider helped me find my way to true freedom, and is helping me to expose the Watchtower Society and keep them from getting their critical mass.

And, it is going to get worse soon. As if apostates weren't enough, they are soon going to have to deal with "secret societies" exposing the whole Bible (those "secret societies" tend to expound on Aristotle's writings--in case anyone might think they are mysticism laden satanic cults). One, and probably a number of others, is working hard on a masterpiece that exposes the mysticism found in the Bible, and all religion. Already I have seen a number of posters on this forum that have atheist viewpoints, and have exposed the Bible as mysticism.

Once one or more of these hits, I hope their viewpoint on the Bible hits the mainstream. If the Watchtower Society thinks it's bad now, just wait until the people see that the whole idea of a God that cares about people is all a scam. And wait until they find that Jesus was trying to set mankind free of the Israelite God. I wonder what is going to happen to the Watchtower Society then. Maybe that is when Babylon the Great will finally be destroyed, the Watchtower Society and all.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

This is a perfect example of an American religion rendered obsolete by new technology. All they can do is slow their demise by denouncing the Internet, higher education, etc. It's like the RIAA suing individual music downloaders; a last ditch effort to slow the decline of their music sales in the face of a completely changed consumer environment. The WTS is trying to hold on to their own crusty doctrines and trying to keep anyone from educating themselves.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I had 4 children and introduced them to computing and all manner of programs from young and none of them developed an affinity for it - weird really cuz I lots of up to date stuff at diffrent levels and kids at the school I taught in loved it!

So I only imagine the drip fed condemnation from JWmum and KH fodder accumulated to form a reluctance in their subconscious! Mum did not approve of hours on a pc or something along those lines! I had to find other time to enrich things which were far more costly in personal hours and money but proved to expose them to a wider circle of society (competition swim,gymnastics,music lessons, athletics, soccer ,school holidays - placements -even NewYear abroad on language switch) -any enrichment possible became my fulltime personal time!

Sorry to digress but you cant quite understand the relentless subliminal referencing and how it impacts upon the individuals mindset unless you live it!

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I suppose the availability of information must really be hurting the cult's intake of victims, and it will certainly be interesting to see what happens over the next generation or two. However, if you believe as a JW then you believe that Satan is really only a click away and act accordingly. I worked with the web and didn't look at anything apostate until I already had my doubts and had done other study.

• real one
    real one

i remember how i use to google jw but only found a few articles and denounced them as liars. i was interested in finding out why anyone would leave the truth. when i found out about mj i was really curious as to why he left. then i asked about the Williams sisters and was told they say they are witnesses but they really are not, this really confused me because i would question why are they proclaiming to be jw but are not. and why are they not only in sports but on the top of their field. i quickly stopped looking at the sites after being told to stop going to them. until of course Oct 2007

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Like many others here, I only dared to look AFTER I had decided that they were a nutty cult. Apostacy, to them, is the greatest & unforgivable sin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit