todays "Special" talk?

by bite me 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bite me
    bite me

i've only been to one memorial, and didn't follow up with the next weekend. I don't know how my friends and family do not know that all this "special" talk isn't nothing special. But I am looking for ways to show them that.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

SaJWexE

Poignant post!

Nothing spiritually special - but the guy was groovy!

Maybe religion is all about groovy guys at the end of the day?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The line of "reasoning" where they say that because Jesus has actually been a human, and hence knows what it's like, enables him to deal with us more lovingly always sounded a little weak to me. Him and his Dad (who happens to be all-knowing) made us, for heaven's sake!

At first I thought you were all joking about this "special talk" and what the subject was....and reading the post I quoted, it seems as though this WASN'T a joke after all.

I "studied" in 1969 (unfortunately got baptized in 72), but I was TOLD this very same thing way back THEN..... about the qualifications that Jesus had, and why, etc.

And you're telling me NOW they are having talks designated as "SPECIAL" for teaching something they have been saying since at least 1969?

(sigh)

ONLY in Watchtowerland, folks, ONLY in Watchtowerland........

Annie

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I recall the first year "in" and being all excited about the "special" talk. Even though I had drunk the koolaid I could never figure out how, what or why that talk was special and I even gave one! Christ on a cracker.

• ssrriotsquad
  • JCanon
    JCanon
    The line of "reasoning" where they say that because Jesus has actually been a human, and hence knows what it's like, enables him to deal with us more lovingly always sounded a little weak to me. Him and his Dad (who happens to be all-knowing) made us, for heaven's sake!

Actually, this concept is somewhat fundamental and it is also comprehensive. You see, even when Jesus came the first time as a PERFECT MAN, it could be argued he still didn't know what it was like to be an ordinary man, to have his frailties and pains and weaknesses from inherited imperfection. He understood what being human was like compared to be an angel, but being a perfect man. So to complete Jesus' human experience, once he gave up his perfect human body in heaven, when he returns to the earth again in the flesh, it was arranged that he take up the body and identity of an imperfect human so he would understand that experience. And with that in mind, someone almost completely opposite from who he was before. That is, a perfect righteous man. Instead, he would understand what it would be like to be a sinner, somone who even leaves God and becomes spiritually dead and has to depend upon God's own forgiveness to get a second chance, namely, the prodigal son. But you can see the wisdom in this from the standpoint of experiencing the human condition, from one extreme to the other. So by taking up the identity of the prodigal son, Jesus understands intimately what it is about to be tempted, to give in to sin and then to want forgiveness, which then brings one closer to God. What this ultimately does though, is allows Christ to experience the greater degree of God's love. You see, only with those with many sins that have much to be forgiven can attain to benefit from the greater degree of God's mercy. It is the sick that need a physician; those who are healthy do not need a physician. So the prodigal son shows the greater side of God's love and can appreciate that greater degree of love and is more focussed, more devoted, a component Jesus could not have experienced as Michael, the Archangel or the perfect Jesus Christ at the first coming, because both were sinless, in no need of God's forgiveness. But coming back as the prodigal son he can experience the fullness of what forgiveness is, and then can use that with others. In this way, the prodigal son messiah is said to carry the sins of others because having experienced sin and forgiveness, he is less judgmental and more forgiving because he, himself was forgiven. This is a references to the "fullness in Christ" and how Jehovah enhances his experience for his role as god over mankind, he experiences first-hand (as much as possible) the human experience so he can best serve as their king-priest. JC

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Nothing special. It's just a new outline

• Warlock
    Warlock

Like last years and next years.

Warlock

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I don't know if the Jesus-had-to-be-human-to-know-what-it's-like theory was included in the talk; I just posted it because it came to mind.

So to complete Jesus' human experience, once he gave up his perfect human body in heaven, when he returns to the earth again in the flesh, it was arranged that he take up the body and identity of an imperfect human so he would understand that experience.

JCanon, is that a genuine religious belief of Christians? If so, where would you show it from the bible? Thanks.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Same fish bait

Different name on the container

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit