"How'd you hear about the Memorial?" "CraigsList!"

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Apparently quite a few JW's feel that inviting people to the Memorial via CraigsList is effective witnessing. You know they counted their time typing out the free ad, too!

EDIT: well, it won't let me post the Google search url, and if I convert it to a TinyURL.com URL, JWD shows it as URL blocked.

Go to Google and put this in the search box:

"Kingdom Hall" site:craigslist.org

• joebin
    joebin

I'm just getting the google home page with your link

• Hope4Others
  • blondie
    blondie

I wonder how they counted their time on this?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

It gets better... if you have ever gone to the forums on Craigslist, there are Witnesses that comment and discuss issues on both the Religion and Spirituality forums. I'm sure they are counting that on their time sheets... but... how to balance the fact that they aren't supposed to be on the internet forums at all...?

Kinda makes ya go... hmmmmmmnnnnnn...

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

How ironic.

~Sue

• Gopher
    Gopher

Now it's "y'all come to the Kingdom Hall" -- everyone invited to the Memorial.

I remember for a while maybe 20 years ago -- that we were told to not distribute Memorial invitations casually, but only to those who would appreciate it. I guess they didn't want too many wine-drinkers there?

• garybuss
  • Mary
    Mary

I just read the link that Garybuss posted........LOL!!

This woman must have been a 'fringe Witness' or just plain bonkers because I've never heard of a Dub decorating their house up for Hallowe'en, apparently so they can give out their "treats" of tracts or magazines to unsuspecting neighbours. Truly ludicrous and I can't imagine Crooklyn would approve of this. Generally, Witnesses either turn all their lights off or they go out for the evening to avoid the "trick or treat" kids altogether.

What a braindead idiot she must be.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I took a wild guess when I saw my worldly 2008 calendar with the full moon on March 21 and Easter on March 23. I guessed it would either be March 21 or March 22. It turned out I was not far off.

And I still missed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit