2008 Convention Preview

by cinnamon1642 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Meet the new shit, same as the old shit.... I used to think that way....that is...

Same shit, different year.

I am not so sure anymore, it seems like the new shit is even shittier than the old shit. So, help me out here guys, with where to put this stuff on a shittiness scale.

Is the new shittier shit better shit, or does the fact that it is shittier make worse shit? It could be a matter of perspective. I can just imagine the GB sitting around planning the DC for this year:

GB1: So, do you think they'll buy this lame shit?

GB2: Absolutely, this is the same shit we've been feeding them for years.

GB3: Not so fast there guys, if the R&F see that this shit is no better than the old shit they may stray from the flock to look for better shit, so it's up to us create the absolute shittiest shit we can.

GB(all): Harrumph!!!! Here, here....that's what we'll do.... the shittiest shit to date .... that's what we'll give them.....blah, blah, blah.... the light is getting so much brighter......

Sorry for the shitty rant, reading the program topics just put me into a really shitty mood,

In spite of that, cheers to all,

Alex

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Dedication and Baptism

Don't forget about the most depressing part of the program. The borg assimilates more victims.

• VM44
    VM44

Loyally Serving With Jehovah’s Spirit Directed Organization

Remember, "Spirit Directed" but not "Inspired"!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Remember, "Spirit Directed" but not "Inspired"!

Yes, this is an important distinction whenever they get something wrong and have to correct themselves.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open
    Symposium: Young People Wank By Holy Spirit... When Alone

Just imagine the implications of an innocent typo.

I guess amending the Wikipedia page would ultimately be childish and potentially counter-productive, even if rather amusing, so I won't do it.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

EyesOpen,

That is funny!!! You should do it. Just think what a perfect way that would be to make the transition from "publisher" to editor.

Cheers,

Alex

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Nah, I won't. Don't want my IP address registered for vandalism. (And I'm not childish. Honest.)

I've just had a thought - could this be why so many young people seemed to need to go to the toilets so often at assemblies?

Anyway, is there anywhere online I could go to see when the various location's district assemblies are for the UK?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

It would be interesting if they do release a new version of the old "Holy Spirit" book. In the past few years, they've released a book about the Father ("Draw Close to Jehovah") and one about the Son ("Come Be My Follower"). Maybe they are going for the whole Trinity? :-)

• moshe
    moshe

Makes me wonder how they managed to come up with a whole weeks worth of Convention material 30 years ago. The writing dept must have really been gutted- what a lame excuse for a JW convention.

• justhuman
    justhuman

I wonder who is guilt for sinning against the Holy Spirit....

A Spirit that cannot tell precisely if the Sodomn and Gomorah will resurected, a Spirit that changes idea's regarding the heavens door(close 1931-open 2008 but actually it was 1878 that closed according to Russell)

A Spirit that led many people to die for organ transplans, a Spirit that cannot deiside what the Generation means, and a Spirit that said that the end will come in 1914, 1918, 1925, 1942, 1975, before the year 2000...

DOES THIS SEEMS TO BE A SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT OR NOT?

I don't know about you guys but for me the Governing Body of the Watchtower are sinning against the Holy Spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit