How are you keeping it together?

by YoursChelbie 14 Replies latest social current

• oompa
    oompa

sweetface, that stinks.....did they actually do a new appraisal of your home? That costs at least 300 bucks, and it would surpise me that they would do that....you could possibly contest that. Also the average drop in value for newer homes the past two years is only 8%, so hopefully most of you down payment is still solidly invested.....

I have not been persoanlly impacted at all YET (knock on wood ha ha), but I do have a fleet of service vehicles, and am about to pass on our THIRD fuel surcharge in a year and a half.....I hate to do it, but it is a must.........................................oompa

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Oompa, I don't know what they did or how they calculated the value of my property. I do know that when I purchased the place, the average selling price in my community was between $260-290K, depending upon the layout and the condition of the condo. Currently, the average selling price is about $200-220K. Maybe they are basing it on that? Of course, I purchased at the high-end of the original selling prices and they are probably calculating my property value at the current low-end. Bastards!

• Casper
    Casper
    We are driving less and consolidating necessary trips

This is the main thing we are doing at the moment. Hubby just retired 2 months ago, and we are now on a fixed income plus savings.

I'm sure things will get tighter as time goes on...

Cas

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    But does all of this really matter, though? The end is soooooo close that I may just quit my job today and live off of my credit cards during the rest of this system. I just hope that the CEO of Bank of America doesn't make it into the new system.

Sweetface, I hope your home gains value again. You are a real trooper to still have your sense of humor. In times like this I tend to value what money can't buy too.

YC

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Thank you, YoursChelbie. The day that I lose my sense of humor w/ definitely be the saddest day of my life. We have all been through a lot, some more than others, and we will all go through rough times in the future. Dark humor has gotten me through my toughest times, and I often use it as a crutch in the here and now.

Who doesn't love eating Ramen noodles, mac & cheese, and PB&J?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit