Naturism

by joelbear69 20 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In a perfect world, clothing would be needed only to protect man from the elements. And by perfect, I do not mean had Adam not sinned. By perfect, I mean having people having healthy attitudes about sex without all the repression that Christianity has brought down on us. We do not need the guilt and the shame that goes along with Christianity (which, by the way, was not part of Christ's original message).

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Well said Gandelph!

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

god and christianity are a sham.

nature is real. it will eventually

force us to remerge with her.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I spent many many days at Blacks beach.

Losing the textiles is great!

It takes a few minutes to get used to it, but once done you never go back to worrying about seeing you nekkid.

Oh yeah, from behind, a man looks like a goat when he bends over.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

There will come a time when everybody
    Who is lonely will be free...
    TO SING & DANCE & LOVE
    There will come a time when every evil
    That we know will be an evil...
    THAT WE CAN RISE ABOVE
    Who cares if hair is long or short
    or sprayed or partly grayed...
    WE KNOW THAT HAIR AIN'T
    WHERE IT'S AT
    (there will come a time when you won't
    even be ashamed if you are fat!)
    WAH WAH-WAH WAH
    There will come a time when everybody
    Who is lonely will be free...
    TO SING & DANCE & LOVE (dance
    and love)
    There will come a time when every evil
    that we know will be an evil...
    THAT WE CAN RISE ABOVE (rise
    above)
    Who cares if you're so poor you can't
    afford
    To buy a pair of Mod A Go-Go
    stretch-elastic pants...
    THERE WILL COME A TIME
    WHEN YOU CAN EVEN
    TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF WHEN
    YOU DANCEback to top

• Open mind
    Open mind

funkyderek:

and in part to hide our genitals

Do you think this is for physical protection? (A good idea, IMO.) Or because primates have some sense of "shame" about their genitals? Or something else?

I couldn't help but think of this:

"It's hard to miss the brilliant colors of an adult mandrill's rump. The bold hues attract the females and make it easy to find the male in the dark forest."

According to the San Diego Zoo's website.

OM

• Satanus
    Satanus

'it will eventually

force us to remerge with her.'

How do you mean that? How would it do that? Can't we at one w nature while we live in houses, have jobs, eat at macdonalds and wear clothes? Have you tried any meditations in nature, such as focussed on a tree?

S

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Open Mind:

Do you think this is for physical protection? (A good idea, IMO.) Or because primates have some sense of "shame" about their genitals? Or something else?

Apart from sports players, humans don't seem to wear clothing for physical protection of the genitals. No "tribal costume" from a loincloth to a pair of jeans offers much in the way of protection. It seems to be due to the fact that - uniquely among primates - we are constantly on our hind legs, and thus exposing our genitals, a state that among the males of other primates is usually taken as a sexual display.

Basically, if you can see a male primate's tackle, it means he wants some. Clothing perhaps began as our attempt to compensate for the fact that our bipedalism made us look more sexually agressive than we really were.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Having been to a, shall we say, "European style" beach, my opinion is:

• 95% of those wearing nothing should have been wearing something
    • 95% of those wearing something, should have been wearing a whole lot more than the little somethings that they were wearing

After my extensively brief research, I conclude that 5% of humans are welcome to walk around naked if they'd like. The rest should wear clothing to prevent me from gouging out my eyeballs.

B the X

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Billy, I tend to agree with that assessment, at least from a spectator's perspective, even though I've never been to a clothing optional place. It doesn't take that much imagination to come to that conclusion just by looking around at people in the everyday clothed world.

However, I think you may be missing the point. Naturism isn't about voyeurism, or at least it shouldn't be. It is about enjoying personal freedom from clothes and the ability to enjoy that freedom in the open with others who feel the same way.

Clothing isn't just about protection. It is a form of communication. It tells others about your occupation, social status, and cultural background. We may not display our genitalia in public, but we do communicate our sexual identity and availability through clothing. In fact the use of certain clothing can be more arousing than complete nudity.

Dave (closet naturist)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit