Suffering ,why is God slow to act?

by edmond dantes 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Caedes
    Caedes
    Well you could say that Jehovah had provided the means for humanity to survive the plague because the cleanliness laws were there and those who obeyed them were less likely to succumb.

Sad emo,

So you are saying that god wants people to live in isolated communities with minimal contact with the outside world?

Real one,

How can you possibly justify your god allowing people to die of the plague and then have the nerve to lecture people on being loving and kind?

The classic sign of bubonic plague was the appearance of buboes in the groin, the neck and armpits, which oozed pus and bled. These buboes were caused by internal bleeding. Victims underwent damage to the skin and underlying tissue, until they were covered in dark blotches. Most victims died within four to seven days after infection.

Your god really does know how to treat people, after all this plague was his creation too. I wonder how long it took your god to think up this particular bacteria. Do you think he spent longer on this than on leprosy or cancer? Your plague god seems to be reflecting your own nature, real one.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    So you are saying that god wants people to live in isolated communities with minimal contact with the outside world?

Um, no Caedes - and I'm curious as to why you only mention one single item in that excerpt

I'm saying that for all the ridicule we pour upon the Jewish laws of cleanliness amongst others about how seemingly pointless they are/were just because they're associated with 'religion' - in instances of plague, those laws certainly saved them.

And as far as I'm aware, the Jews weren't entirely segregated during the plague - many actually went and nursed the abandoned sick and dying victims and collected and buriedthe dead - again to prevent spread of the disease. They still didn't get sick even when they did these acts of mercy - which is another part of the reason why they were accused of starting it

And by the way, my original answer, although it has value, was not intended as thoroughly sincere apologetic to the question!

• real one
    real one

my God does what he wants to do when he wants to do it. Like i said before if people obey God then they wont have those problems. like the pass over, if his people did not obey him and place the blood on the doorposts then their children would have been killed too. didnt your mother teach you not to walk into traffic? that was very kind of her to tell you that and smart of you to obey her. everyone wants to blame God for their failures and misfortunes and of the suffering of the world i say we brought it on ourselves!

• oompa
    oompa
    realone: imo if you are going to sit here and mock God and not listen to any truth you can read yourself in the Bible, but choose to be unbelievers still then what does his word say he will do to them? send the to the place he made for Satan and his demons. If you were God what would you do?

Real one, thanks for asking. I would cut major leage slack, and only whack those beyond reform....the type that are already in solitary confinement for that same reason. One main reason to cut this slack is that there are so few people that have ever even tried to prove the validity and accuracy of the Bible to themselves, and if you are honest with yourself, you will even agree that this is impossible to do as there are NO ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS (how convenient). Why isn't the bible written on stone like things are inside the great pyramids of Egypt? I Think that just like in a judicial court, all that is needed is "reasonable doub't" in order to get a "not guilty." Surely God can see we have reasonable doubt doesn't he?..........................................oompa

• mouthy
    mouthy

I believe that we have a Creator. Me myself believe it is Jesus. But I have to say as a Christian. I too wonder why he delays.... The terrible things that happen in this world is very,very scary. I lived through the Blitz of England ,,,,that was scary ....but what is going on today is scarier...I saw the bombs coming back then...(my daughter died because of one) but the bombs we get now to blow up our faith are unseen. Yes it is enough to shatter ones faith. I have LOTS of disgussions with MY GOD....I tell him just what your all saying.( And what I sometimes am feeling )>dispair....But I have seen so much good practiced from LOVE ---so I continue on .....
    I do believe in Satan ... I also believe he is the one the bombs are sent. ..
    I have just received terribly frighting news. But I am going to trust HE will help me through it.

• dinah
    dinah

So Grace, is Jesus sittin up there crying eyes out? People have died more horrific deaths since Christ.

I just cannot wrap my mind around it. I have children and I still haven't sentenced them to death (along with my grandchildren, great grandchildren who aren't even here yet). And even if one messed up, do I have to KILL one to atone for the other???

It sounds kinda Mayan.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    You would think that God didn't care about his creation , the human race.

There is no God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit