Arguing with a JW

by SickofLies 12 Replies latest jw friends

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Hey guy's, I was wondering if you could help me out for a sec, I have a guy I work with who wants some material to use against one of his JW nabours, I meantioned a couple things to him like 607 B.C, but I want something that will not look like it obviously came from a former insider and scare his nabour off. Does anyone have any good info or links they could share?

Thanks!

SoL

• gumby
    gumby

Have him type the words "Jehovah's Witnesses" and he'll have more than enough sites he can pick from. Hmmm, you didn't already know that?

I'd encourage him to buy the book "Watchtower Errors", by David Reed. and familiarize himself with it.

It uses quotes from the Watchtower and compares them with contrary quotes from the Watchtower. It's a good book because the info comes from the pages of the Watchtower itself and from various other witness literature. Using their OWN liturature to condemn them goes alot further than what a non-witness/x-witness says about them.

Gumby

• ninja
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I get news sources from http://www.watchtowernews.org/

You can also use google alerts to send you email from google anytime "Jehovah's Witnesses"
    is in the story. My wife knows I do that, then the news sources are the source, not an apostate
    website.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Ya google's the best spot, but I'm afriad anything I give him the JW will reconize as being apostate and just reject it. What are you gonna do?

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

My advice - do not argue with a JW! It brings you to their level!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

How about the horrible way they treat people who choose to leave the religion? Why don't they just let them leave in peace?? Why does there have to be Judicial Meeting to *deal* with someone who just wants to leave?

The fact that they disfellowship children (teenagers) and they are cut off from family for the rest of their lives is heinous.

Maybe you know someone who was cruelly disfellowshipped?? Gee. There was someone who chronicled their experience and even shared a recording or two with us.

I wonder who that could have been???

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Oh!! You could find a way to have your co-worker simply say that he heard that JWs are a cult. When the witness tries to refute that, he can then say 'Oh! OK. High-Control Group then. Yes?' The witness will on some level have to conceed that they are a HCG.

It's a seed.

Other than that, I guess it depends on what you and the co-worker hope to achieve with the witness.

-Aude.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I'm afriad anything I give him the JW will reconize as being apostate and just reject it.

That's the thing. The Watchtower News (link above in my other post) or Google alerts
    often lead to legitimate news sources like a newspaper or CNN or NBC and their websites.

You can start by saying, "You can find this in the MSNBC.com website."
    I just straight out told my wife that I have google alerts with anything that has "Jehovah's
    Witnesses" in it. Most of the stories are death notices with a service at the hall- these are
    printed in some newspaper. But I also get virtually all of the news items about the child-abuse
    cases and blood-issue stuff that comes up.

• VM44
    VM44

You can't really argue with a JW.

If they are wrong, they are still right. If you are right, you are still wrong in their eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit