Is this weird behaviour for a Granny?

by Princess Daisy Boo 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I know a couple of you JWD'ers are grandparents and even if you aren't - I would still like an opinion - is this odd behaviour?

My little boy is in Grade 00 at a local school and next week tThursday morning, they are having a concert for the Grandparents. When I told my Mom in Law, she immediately pencilled it into her diary and confirmed that she would attend. When I mentioned it to my Mom, I didn't get much of a reaction either way.

So I called her a little while ago to ask if she will be attending. She said she would have to see if she could take the time off work (she works half day - her and my dad own a business... she should have retired by now, but they dont have savings for retirement - but that's another story altogether ) She sounded very unenthusiastic. Then she asked if I was taking the morning off to attend, to which I responded that parents aren't really invited, it is specifically for the grandparents and space was limited. At this, she said no, she would probably not attend - why go if I wasn't even going to be there. And that was that...

So - is this weird - Yay or Nay?

• real one
    real one

that is sad. i feel sorry for your child

• BFD
    BFD

I find that to be very odd behavior for a Granny. My mom has not even met all of her grandchildren because of a bunch of old farts in Brooklyn.

Now that's not only odd, it's EFFED UP! Freakin cult!

BFD

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Lucky my kids have one Granny who dotes on them completely!

Because of the "Freakin Cult" I have such a f'd up relationship with my mom and now my poor kids have a f'd up relationship with their Grandparents - and yet she still manages to always lay the guilt on me!

• dinah
    dinah

Gosh, Princess,

That is weird! Usually grandparents are a child's biggest cheerleaders.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

That's typical borg behaviour!!

NOTHING could keep me from anything involving my grandkids!! I couldn't even entertain that notion!!

• anglise
    anglise

Just wondering if she doesnt get on with your in-laws.

No excuse I know but might have a bearing.

Anglise

• Honesty
    Honesty

Is this some of the love we heard about during the Watchtower Study every Sunday?

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

My mom does not have any real problems with my MIL except that my MIL is not a JW. They dont really have much of a relationship either way. If they do bump into each other they are quite friendly, so no... I don't think that would be the issue.

I just cannot understand why she wouldn't make the effort to take the morning off to see my boy's concert!

• Princess Daisy Boo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit