Ready... Steady... COOK!!

by Sad emo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Woohoo!! Lots for me to try out now, thank you all

I ended up being treated to my tea (dinner!) this evening. My friend took me to a tapas restaurant where I discovered lots of Greek dishes I've never tried before - I found out that I like hummous (?sp) and there seemed to be a lot of things cooked in tomato based sauces. I may start experimenting later - I guess it's a matter of getting the right combination of herbs.

For tomorrow though, I'll be trying out some of your recipes

CoCo - you reminded me, I still have to make real popcorn from scratch yet, lol!

• ninja
    ninja

put all the ingredients in the garden in a pile.....when the neighbours cat comes to eat it......attack it from behind with piano wire......then barbecue the cat....you must admit...it's different emy.......

• greendawn
    greendawn

"My friend took me to a tapas restaurant where I discovered lots of Greek dishes"

I am surprised I thought tapas restaurants served Spanish and not Greek food. Perhaps you went to a Greek taverna.

Most of the ingredients you mention with the addition of courgettes, aubergines and bechamel sauce could make a nice mousaka.

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=EX1pW6uN7To

Notes on that video clip: Can use beef rather than lamb mince and potatoes and courgettes with aubergines.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Greendawn - I think the restaurant served a mixture of both - funny I was looking at the menu and thinking "that's Spanish" lol - but some of it was definitely Greek too.

We tried some weird combinations, that's all I can say!

edit - just did some Googling - its actually classed as a 'Mediterranean style' restaurant, which kinda solves the Greek/Spanish question, just everyone locally calls it a tapas rather than taverna (its easier to say and us Yorkshire folk are idle like that lol!)

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is apparently the process of globalisation reaching out into restaurants. And it makes business sense that if something sells then so be it, then sell it. It's just strange at first for a Spanish eatery to sell mousaka or for a Greek one to sell paella.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit