conversations starters for field service

by megaflower 21 Replies latest jw friends

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

1. Why do we grow old and die? – Well there is a special part of the cell called a telomere. When a cell re-produces (splits) the telomere breaks in half (sort of). As the chain of telomeres gets smaller and smaller the cell ages. Once they are gone the cell dies. (sorry dumbed down for the dubs.)

2.What is the condition of the dead? – Well the dead are in many conditions. Some are buried, some are embalmed, and some are cremated. There are some people who believe in a future resurrection that have themselves frozen in the hopes that one day science will be able to revive their bodies. Some of the dead are bloated and bleached waiting to be discovered. Some are chopped up in hefty bags.

The saddest condition of the dead is our “lost dead loved ones”. If you have a lost a dead loved one, you should find them. Try checking the morgue. The dead like to hang out there.

3. What is the purpose of human life? – Whatever you decide it to be, if you believe in free will. If you believe in a deterministic universe though. Your purpose to be the sum result of the past +the present.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

My conversation starter was always 'Good morning'. It got so bad that even on occasions when I went out in the evening, I would invariably say 'Good morning'.

• Perry
    Perry

We're engaging in a bible re-education work this morning. Would you perhaps be interested in a free home Watchtower sensitivity study?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc
    I am a rebel Jezebel and I will use my own converation starter, thank you very much

What, pray tell, is your conversation starter FHN? Just curious.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I am a rebel Jezebel and I will use my own converation starter, thank you very much
    What, pray tell, is your conversation starter FHN? Just curious.

How about, "Hi ya, hon, relax, I'm not here to sell you WT's or browbeat you, hoping to get you to CONVERT (evil bad no-no word). Nah, I'm just here to tell you what you always have suspected: JW's are full of caca. Don't listen to them. They come with tales of peace and paradise. What they don't tell you is that they want to control your thoughts, words and deeds. They want to take away your joy and zest for life. They want to ruin your kids' childhoods. Their love and friendship is very conditional. They shun you to the extreme if you decide you disagree with them. But, hey, if you do decide to join and then later you want to leave, there are a bunch of us who've left literally or in spirit. We are very hip, happenin', with it and cool. We've got websites and we've got your back." I'd shake their hands, give 'em a wink and a card with important internet links to explore at their leisure.

How's that grab you, Daddio?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

How about, "Hi ya, hon, relax, I'm not here to sell you WT's or browbeat you, hoping to get you to CONVERT (evil bad no-no word). Nah, I'm just here to tell you what you always have suspected: JW's are full of caca. Don't listen to them. They come with tales of peace and paradise. What they don't tell you is that they want to control your thoughts, words and deeds. They want to take away your joy and zest for life. They want to ruin your kids' childhoods. Their love and friendship is very conditional. They shun you to the extreme if you decide you disagree with them. But, hey, if you do decide to join and then later you want to leave, there are a bunch of us who've left literally or in spirit. We are very hip, happenin', with it and cool. We've got websites and we've got your back." I'd shake their hands, give 'em a wink and a card with important internet links to explore at their leisure.

How's that grab you, Daddio

Oh Baby!

Yeah, that sounds good.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The honest approach is best =

"Good morning, how are you. We are here today to tell you that if you don't join our religion you will die a horrible death...would you like these magazines."

• Honesty
    Honesty

"Hi, I have been sharing a vital message with your neighbors this morning.

There is a Faithful Slave who has sent me to invite you to come to Jehovah's organization for salvation.

This magazine has all the details."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh Baby!

Yeah, that sounds good.

He he. Hey, is that you in your avatar?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Sorry no it's not. I'm much better looking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit