It's so obvious

by whatistruth 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

At least to us anyway. It will soon be 100 years since 1914, 100 years, incredible!!! There are almost 1000 more partaking at the memorial than 20 years ago. This is probably the least opposition jw's have ever faced in their history. And the world is a much better place to live in than 70 - 80 years ago.

All these things plus many more that just do not come to mind, yet the members still go to their meetings service etc..most thinking that their god actually exists and even more "step in and solve there problems"

At what point will there be a mass exodus where many will clue in and say this just is not true?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

IT's comfortable for many of them. I don't see a 'mass exodus' from Jw's anymore than I see a mass exodus from religion in the near future - for much the same reasons.

Jeff

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

I don't see the comfort that's for sure. But I know what you mean, for most it has been there whole lives participating in the exact same things each day, week, month, and year. This is where the comfort them must lie, any change from that "routine" is very disruptive to the spirit.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Great points, whatistruth.

I think the vast majority of the Witnesses are apathetic about the issues you raise.

Some are too uneducated to even get it.

Others are quite content to make money while still attending meetings and having a cursory participation in field service, thus keeping their social circle and feeling connected to something bigger than themselves.

Many Witnesses are learning to say "Even if the end doesn't come in my lifetime, it's still a great way to live. Besides, where else are we going to go?"

It's only the very dedicated that made great sacrifices that feel angst when they consider their secret doubts.

So in a very ironic way, an apathetic Witness may not be such a bad Witness after all.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

I think the younger generations have other reasons for staying within the organisation. They don't care about 1914, the 'generation' and the Memoral partakers, they just feel good with their JW friends and don't think about doctrinal issues.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

I agree hamilcarr. The younger generation today is in it for the duty and hope. But as each generation is born into it, the less knowledge they possess. I'll just do what I'm "supposed to do" is the mindset of the younger generation today.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is peculiar how those who are apathetic 'play' the system reluctantly shunning overzealous ones who are seriously questioning doctrine and having spiritual turmoil because of it - sending them into downward spiral everyone knows the WT will never recognise as having caused!

It's things like this which make me feel an apathetic witness is not an empathetic one and is largely out to cover their own skin!

Which, now that I mention it, seems to be a recipe successful people follow worldwide!.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

I fear it's true that ignorant people are in control of the Watchtower and they relentlessly harass the more thinking and independent members, for example those who study the Biblical languages and dig deeper than the numbing WT study articles. This may partially be due to the stricter stand on higher education and the general disinterest among JWs in theology.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I agree with a lot of what Nvr says.

In recent discussions, I'm just schocked how often this apparently new party line us used: But those mistakes were so long ago, they don't matter any more...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's a club to many of them. The social ties are too strong. More like a converting to a newer generation that knows little of 1975.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit