announcement

by isaacaustin 13 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

not sure if this has been covered but I was advised last nite at the servic emeeting they annouced the missionaries will be sent home in 09. What is there to this?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

For a visit?

Like to attend District Conventions in their home countries?

• carla
    carla

All of them? from everywhere? running out of money?

• blondie
    blondie

After the missionaries have been in their assignment for a number of years (5 minimum?) the WTS pays their way back to visit friends and families usually during some "special" convention. Most of them go back to their assignments afterwards. Missionaries earn vacation time like the Bethelites and DOs and COs do.

*** g99 10/8 p. 15 Reality Has Exceeded My Expectations ***We thus see the wisdom of the organization’s counsel that missionaries not return to their homeland on vacation until serving at least three years in their assignment.

If missionaries leave early from their assignment, they have to pay their way back.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

thanks Blondie. So this includes all missionaries everywhere? I thought that was what i heard....I could go back for clarification if needed.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

thanks Blondie. So this includes all missionaries everywhere? I thought that was what i heard....I could go back for clarification if needed.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

• sir82
    sir82

Yes, all missionaries everywhere. They will get a few weeks' break from missionary service to visit their homelands, then go back to work. The Society will pay for transportation (but of course nothing else, so they'll have to stay with family or friends and rely on others' genrosity).

This is in conjunction with the big internatoinal conventions scheduled for 2009. At many such conventions, if they take place in the missionaries' home country, the missionaries will be part of the program, giving reports on how the work is going.

It's a pretty big deal for the missionaries and their families, but of little interest for anyone else. Oh, except for the most zealous JWs, who will fall all over themselves just to be near any such missionaries who happen to come near.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Aw, sxxx. I was hoping they were running out of money. Anything to waste their money would be welcome, and so would anything that suggests that they lack resources to usurp control of our governments and become Lords.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Not only are the missionaries coming back, but congregations are being asked $375 apiece to pay for it. ("All in favor raise your hand.") Someone care to calculate that by the # of congregations? Then multiply the average price of airfare by the # of missionaries. Subtract the two. What's the profit margin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit