Do you believe God is guiding you throughout life?

by JH 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

I believe in God, but I don't think he is guiding me or making life easier for me.

Some see God in every aspect of their lives, and if there is hardship in life, God is behind this so that you can get stronger through this bad experience.

And when things go well, it's God's hand at work.

• JH
    JH

Just like I believe in the sun and the moon, I also acknowledge there is a God, but I don't feel any personal relationship with him.

Maybe the JW's are behind this way of feeling.

They told us that Jesus is not our mediator, and we will never see God.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yes, I most certainly do.

He's gently guided me from JWism to Christianity to agnosticism and finally to atheism.

Thanks, God.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: Do you believe God is guiding you throughout life?

If he is, he's blind.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Not the traditional 'god out there' god. Right here, right now operating is a communal subconscious, somewhat like the jungian collective unconscious. It's formed of our subconsciousnesses connected, somehow. It's more or less democratic. My opinion.

S

• Gopher
    Gopher

LIfe presents hardship and good times. You learn (or not) through experience, and you can rely on the experience of others. You can watch what happens to others, and you can guess the best course.

I don't think there's a God behind any of this. IMHO that's a sort of superstition (not to offend any believers, this is just my observation). In the end, we are responsible for the outcomes of choices we make. Bad and good times will come, just as high and low tides come.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I think he guides me, but I don't always listen.

Burn

• dawg
    dawg

I agree with the Gopher for the most part, other than we make the choices in this life... we don't chose to have shit dumped on our heads like many of us have had happen. Cancer isn't a choice, like many diseases I've seen people catch.

But, that said... that is one of the main reasons I don't believe in God (in the sense we've been taught), seems some have golden lives and some have lives of misery.. if he only helps certain ones out, then what's the deal? That would make God a bastard.

• oompa
    oompa

He has already created my footsteps......and I carefully place my feet in each one..........................oompa

• new boy
    new boy

What if we are all Gods or a part of God divine spark?

What if we are all divine immortal spirit creatures?

If that is true, you ask why is my life so full of drama and pain?

What or who puts these things into our lives?

Who thought all this up?

The real question is, do you really want to know or are you enjoying your "pain body?"

All your questions can be answered in Erhart Tolle's "A New Earth."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit