American Haunting.....ever seen it?

by AK - Jeff 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

One of the scariest movies I have seen, I think. Interesting concept. And an interesting driver.

Jeff

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yes

Good film.

Not much scares me nowadays, I think I'm jaded.

Sirona

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Supposedly based on actual events. I wonder how closely it is 'based'.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Seems as though the script deviates in some significant areas from the legend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_American_Haunting

Jeff

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Saw it when it first came out at the theater. It wasn't really that good of a movie: alright, but then, it takes a lot to scare me. The legend is real enough, though. Went to see the actual cave where the supposed "Bell Witch" originated from, and it's pretty creepy. The house is long gone, but the owners have built another house there, and run a pretty good little business with tours of the cave. They also have a scrapbook containing photographs others have taken at the site which contains some pretty anomalous pictures. Supposedly, American president Andrew Jackson went to the house while it was haunted by the witch and said he'd rather take on the whole British Army than the Bell Witch. Shrug. Who knows...

CG

• Casper
    Casper

I saw this, I thought it was fairly good for what it is... but then, I like watching Donald Sutherland...

Movies like this play on my mind for a long time... so usually I try to avoid them.

Cas

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Movies like this play on my mind for a long time... so usually I try to avoid them.

Cas

Casper, you really are a 'friendly ghost' aren't you?

Jeff

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I thought it was quiet good but still I compare it to "The Exorcist" which is offically the "scariest movie of all time."

• Casper
    Casper

Of course Jeff, but then, there's a little "Devil" in all of us....

Cas

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

We live about 30-45 miles away from Adams, TN. Every year they have a Bell Witch Festival. Saw the movie and read a book about it.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit