Are there any gods who actually don't HATE WOMEN

by berylblue 23 Replies latest jw friends

• karvel
    karvel

maybe some hindu gods/goddesses...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can only think of two: Atheism, and Devil worship. (And by Devil worship, I mean the True Satan--the one that attempted to liberate the first human pair from Jehovah's laws).

The fact is that each gender has strengths and weaknesses. Men are physically stronger and clumsier (as a general rule). Women tend to be physically weaker but have finer motor skills, making them more capable of sewing and other skills that require fine details. There is no indication that women are more stupid or evil than men as a group. In fact, of those that graduated higher than I did in school (all three of them), all three were women and two of those were blonde--so much for any "dumb blonde" myths.

Evil? What women are that evil that they want to start a Second Dark Ages? I can think of nine men that are like that (collectively, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger). Ted Jaracz is one of those. And, history is full of evil men. Plato, Napoleon, Hitler, Marx, Stalin, and Fidel Castro were (or are) all men, and they had major roles in plunging mankind into various dictatorships. And, what gender were the leaders that plunged mankind into the First Dark Ages? All slimy men.

I think I would rather have Jezebel. She looks like a saint compared to the men that have, or are trying to, start a Dark Ages and control the whole planet. (Note also that all the men that have caused mass murder and/or Dark Ages are all doing so in the name of some God--and Satan would have only tempted them into doing something that would assert your freedom).

• avishai
    avishai

How about Kali?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Good Post Beryl,

I always wondered the same thing. Women just can't seem to win. They are blamed because men don't have control over their OWN bodies and impulses.

I sometimes wonder if the story behind the DaVinci Code has some measure of truth to it -- that Jesus was married and Mary was considered his equal. This certainly would have horrified the early church fathers and they would definitely have none of this 'sacred feminine' stuff. So possibly they would have deleted and doctored things to read as they wanted. How could we ever know?

LHG

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

When I was in Orlando, Florida in February, I visited the shrine "Mary Queen of the Universe".

It was a beautiful, spiritual place.

According to Catholic doctrine Mary is the greatest of all created human beings, the greatest of the saints. The most popular Catholic devotional is the prayer of the Rosary, which is a devotion to Mary.

In my hometown we have three Churches dedicated to female saints. And the new Catholic University is called Ave Maria.

That doesn't sound like woman hating to me.

Cheers,

Burn

alt

• steve2
    steve2

The most threatening thing to a manmade god is equality with women. Little wonder that the "scriptures" of most religions pile on the injunctions that sanctify women remaining in their servile roles.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am a domestic goddess and I love men and women.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Some native american cultures were and are very matriarchal. And The Great Spirit really didn't have a gender. Our family is Bear clan. My dad's mother was half Seminole/Cherokee and white. She passed the Bear Clan to us. The clan is always passed through the mother. And in many tribes the woman owned the tee pee so to speak. If she wasn't pleased with her husband, she just sent him packing and they were divorced.

• chickpea
    chickpea

my favourite feminist button from the 70's>>>> ordain women or stop baptizing them

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    my favourite feminist button from the 70's>>>> ordain women or stop baptizing them

My favorite all time priest? Mother Val.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit