Are there any gods who actually don't HATE WOMEN

by berylblue 23 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

and base their laws on the premise that we're inherently stupid, weak and evil?
    Look at Islam, for starters. (I can't believe a woman would willingly join this sorry excuse for misogynistic laws. Religion of peace my a$$. Any good honor killings lately, guys?

Even Christianity does not really regard women as being as good as men.

To hell with them all. If I ever decide to become religious again, I'll worship the Goddess like my daughter does.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Sounds like you maybe connecting with nature and since you're part of it why shouldn't you?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Who needs gods when you can have goddesses!

There are some gods who love women...

Sirona

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

You are so right.

That was one of the things about the Dubs that burned my ass.

The goddesses of Greek mythology, like Gaia and Aphrodite, are pretty appealing characters and certainly no more fanciful than the Bible's God or the Koran's Allah.

Women and men are equal.... period.

Alex

• steve2
    steve2

Nope. Simple fact is that "Gods" have traditionally been created by men and have reflected men's obsessions and insecurities.

Jehovah is a prime example of a God who was created by obsessive and insecure men. Jehovah, like a lot of men, has all the time in the world for submissive, servile women but has neither time nor mercy for women who dare to think for themselves and even assert themselves.

I'm not so sure "Goddesses" would be any better. These Big Monsters in the Sky tend to reflect the starker more chilling human emotions. Give me a silent wooden idol any day!

• flipper
    flipper

BERYL BLUE - My wife calls me a god - and I love women ! Especially her ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Just stay away from the desert nomad gods. They tend to be more angry than most.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

There's always Lilith.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Adam gave up her? What a goof.

I know, there's that Hittite fertility goddess. I can't remember her name, but she has a whole torso of boobs. I don't know why more guys don't worship her, you'd think she'd be popular at NASCAR events or something.

• dinah
    dinah

Note to self: Boobs are BAD. Don't buy any.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit