Mary Poppins was satanic!

by keyser soze 21 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

In their condemnation of entertainment that contains witchcraft or sorcery, most witnesses I know seem willing to give Mary Poppins a free pass. But why? No human should be able to do the things that she did. Since she wasn't a worshipper of Jehovah, the only explanation for her special powers is that they came from demons. Am I wrong about this? This has been weighing on my mind for a very long time.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

We were not allowed to watch Bewitched (too often) and Mary Poppins was borderline in my house.

Us kids knew that if we pushed the matter, it would be declared 'off limits'.

-Aude.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Probably in Jesus day hang gliders were not meant to happen and so would be satanic?

WT does not reason like logic!

Trying to understand them will have your head up your arse!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

We watched Mary Poppins and Bewitched. But not Scooby Doo, even though their ghosts were usually humans playing pranks! I even watched HR Puff n Stuff!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rtEE9pKRoB8

momz

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Shim Shim Sharee...........Most definately a demonic chant.

NMG

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

There is so much hypocrisy within the washtowel.We were banned from watching Bewitched but I dream of Jeannie was ok? We could not listen to Rock music but Country music with lyrics about "Cheatin" and getting drunk was fine? We could not watch any movies with cussing in them, but we could watch ANY movie with a G rating no matter the level of real or animated violence. we were BANNED from watching the Exorcist but it was ok to see Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. we were forbidden from watching anything with the beach or Elvis in it, but we could watch slideshows from some pioneer that depicted the malawi massacres. We could not celebrate birthdays, watch The Gereat Pumpkin Charlie Brown, or even Frosty the Snowman but we could watch the Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, and Perry Como Christmas Specials?

• carla
    carla

Can you name one fairy tale or childrens story that wouldn't or shouldn't be considered taboo for a jw? Even Winnie the Pooh should be off limits if you think about it. I cannot think of ONE childrens story that I couldn't turn around in an insane jw way of thinking to make it evil and a no-no in dubland.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Ok Carla, turn around the Old woman who lived in a shoe. Prove to me it is satanic or evil, or a nono? .

Hell that's probably a JW good night story for the parents to read to each other. Spanking them soundly. Sounds right up their alley!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Can you name one fairy tale or childrens story that wouldn't or shouldn't be considered taboo for a jw?

Nope, you'd be better sticking to the fine lessons in "My Book of Bible Stories". All the times when God brought wrath on his enemies makes for very upbuilding reading for children !!!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I loved Mary Poppins watched it lots as a kid, my sister wanted to be like her so mom bought

her an umbrella and some rouge.

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit