You won't believe this...well maybe you will

by mrsjones5 22 Replies latest social family

• RR
    RR

Well as long as that wall is not there, you have a chance with him.

I was put in contact with someone I use to witness to, this guy was a diehard JW, nothing I said penetrated. If the Society could clone him, they could take over the world. Ten years later, I get an e-mail from him. He left the borg. Something happened, and all those conversations we had just poured in.

RR

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Great story RR but I get the feeling that if Mrs Jones were helping me out it may be more than conversations coming pouring in... ....apologies to Mr Jones - but I'm sure he's smiling right there knowing his woman is all his!

I say this time and again - a hot lady or a ladies man is one step ahead when it comes to changing your religion!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I certainly think that platonic relationships are possible. And knowing MrsJones [and MRMrsJones], I suspect that will not be an issue.

But I don't blame you for keeping him to no flipping and flopping if he wants to be your friend.

Jeff

• erandir
    erandir

Just friends. Sure, men want women to be their friends. HA!

OTWO, why not? Maybe that is how the WT paints it and some of us tend to believe. But it is possible to just be friends. I have such a friendship and my wife doesn't mind. We're mature people.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Well not to be too personal but my feelings say that this could lead to a difficult situation. As they say there is no such thing as

"Just friends" I don't know but old feelings could surface and I would say he definitely is looking for comfort, since his wife's passing he is in a

very vulnerable state.

lol

hope4others

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

How does your hubby feel about your friend?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

How does your hubby feel about your friend?

My hubby thinks my friend was (and still is) a fool to let me go (hubby saw a picture of the friend's wife and thinks that she couldn't hold a candle to me) and as long as we are friends who live 2000 miles away from each other is OK with it...for now.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

well MrsJones you've made it clear on where you stand and that it is just friends. Keep it going, perhaps you can help him see the JWs for what they are - if he trys anything else or wants anything else you can stop communication.

That simple.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

he's in a vulnerable state so don't be surprised if he.....you know......

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    My hubby thinks my friend was (and still is) a fool to let me go (hubby saw a picture of the friend's wife and thinks that she couldn't hold a candle to me) and as long as we are friends who live 2000 miles away from each other is OK with it...for now.

That reminds me of the time that I told my husband that this guy wanted to be my internet friend. He said "Just as long as the mofo don't come up to my door!".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit