The Watchtower "Flag"--by request!

by Atlantis 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The Watchtower "Flag" by request! Request from researcher: Atlantis, can you help me find this quote? "At every convention resolutions were adopted by almost a unanimous vote approving the present management of the Watch Tower Bible And Tract Society and its officers, pledging unreserved loyalty to the Society. As an old soldier expressed it, "A good soldier always follows his regimental flag. The Watch Tower Bible And Tract Society is our flag." When I read that quote I was floored! To me, that is the same as "worshipping" the Watchtower. I can't seem to find it though. Thank you! ************************************************************** Thank you for your request! Atlantis is working on a 1,500 page file right now, so I will scan that page for you. Your quote can be found in the 1917 October 15th, Watch Tower, reprint pg. 6158 or computer counter pg. 134 if you use the Research Applications CD. Just type the word "flag" into the search tool. Scan:

• Gopher
    Gopher

That October 1917 WT quote is obviously OLD LIGHT !! They had to have changed their mind at least once since then.

You KNOW they would never encourage their followers to idolize the organization !!

Thanks for that good find.

• uninformed
    uninformed

That quote is unbelieveable! I had heard it, even recently, but never hoped they would have it in print.

3 years ago, in June, at our district conv in Kansas City, at Kemper arena, the GB speaker in closing prayer, used the same words, pledge allegiance to the 'visible organization' the WT Society, and of course, we did not say AMEN.

I will also add it was the last assembly, the last meeting I will ever attend.

Good find.

Brant

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Found this interesting, they may not use the military approach now (or do they ) but they still call

for utmost obedience.

hope4others

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Gopher:

Thank you Gopher! Oh no! They would never encourage that!

LOL!

N.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Uninformed:

Thank you for your comments!

N.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Hope4Others:

Thank you!

but they still call for utmost obedience.

Very true!

N.

• RR
    RR

I have the actual Oct. 15, 1917 issue. The quote in question is on page 318-319.

If you want a scan, let me know!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Whoa Nelly! I have never heard this---thanks so much!

momz

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

RR:

Thank you RR for your kindness!

N.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit